Peradon Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peradon Cues

I know theres probably ton's written on the forum about this well known brand but I have to tell you......

My own cue is a 15 year old Peradon & Fletcher Tudor cue which just seems to feel "right" to me regardless of value, quality of wood or whatever. My uncle has taken a liking to it too after a few sessions having a go with it and we've been looking into buying something similar.

On a budget there is this:

http://www.billiardsboutique.com/per...-cue-162-p.asp

And at the higher end there is this:

http://www.billiardsboutique.com/per...-cue-171-p.asp

Now I was in a local Greaves sports yesterday and they have both these cues in stock though hugely over-priced the pro was £200 for christs sake!!

The edwardian looked not too bad, more or less what I would've expected for the money, obviously more importantly I dont know how it would've played but I have to say the Pro-cue?? £200?

I would put my old Tudor cue up against it anyday of the week, the grain of the ash was almost non-existent, to me the ferrule and brass joint looked very cheap for the money. The ebony butt was matt finished which I dont know if thats the norm now though but I would have thought to add a touch of class it would have a sheen on it?

Also and it could just be holding something in a shop and having no knowledge of how it plays but it just didnt "feel" like £200 worth.

I mean for another 50 quid you could have a Parris cue.
    Maybe Im being harsh here or perhaps it was a bad example cue, are there any very happy pro cue owners out there?

And what are others thoughts of peradon as a brand?

I mean I dont think the Pro-Cue was a bad cue, but a retail of £200 when you can buy mastercraft or mastercue of a similar quality for just over a tonne?

Rant over :snooker:

peradon pro-cue

Hi,

I've got a peradon pro cue and for one it's deifnetly not worth over 200, I got mines about 8-9 months back and it was for around £160, iv also seen it now online for around 130-140.

I think the pro-cue was decent, is it worth 160 I am not really sure, it hits well, but it gets too sweaty/sticky, i dont know if its me as I do tend to sweat easy but I never had this issue from previous cues, I had an 80 quid powerglide cue as my first and i have to say that was a better cue than my 2nd cue which was a peradon edwardian.

Peradon have decent cues, i guess it just depends on person preference, i dont like them, i've just ordered a black panther from mastercraft, 1 pc. should be with me in 2 weeks, im well excited, that was around 130, i can let you know how that is if you want.

cheers

Comment

The pro-cue here is for 135 http://thurston.co.uk/Pages/ProductC...D=A1611&page=2 . Pretty similar to Mastercues price

Comment

I also use a Peradon Pro-cue, it is a lovely cue. OK, everybody talks about Trevor White cues etc. but I am very happy with my cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by imrananwar View Post
          Hi,

I've got a peradon pro cue and for one it's deifnetly not worth over 200, I got mines about 8-9 months back and it was for around £160, iv also seen it now online for around 130-140.

I think the pro-cue was decent, is it worth 160 I am not really sure, it hits well, but it gets too sweaty/sticky, i dont know if its me as I do tend to sweat easy but I never had this issue from previous cues, I had an 80 quid powerglide cue as my first and i have to say that was a better cue than my 2nd cue which was a peradon edwardian.

Peradon have decent cues, i guess it just depends on person preference, i dont like them, i've just ordered a black panther from mastercraft, 1 pc. should be with me in 2 weeks, im well excited, that was around 130, i can let you know how that is if you want.

cheers
          Yeah I'd be interested to find out how you get on imrananwar

Comment

Cricky! I sell Peradon only Products at my store www.snookercuestore.co.uk and that sounds pricey! I just had a quick look in my Peradon Trade Price list and they've put a hefty mark up on that! Although I don't have the pro published on my site yet i can do that for you for about £150 inc. delivery. Fire me an email at my store if you like. All the best
            Source for the best Snooker Cues.

Comment

Hi

New to the board, joined up as I was in the market for a new cue. I've bought a couple off ebay, used and inexpensive so I thought worth the risk as I try and find out what it is I actually want from a cue before spending anymore. One of them is completely unbranded but the other is a Peradon and Fletcher 'ELF'. It only has a green circular logo on the butt with the picture of an elf in the middle and the whole cue is all one colour. Does anyone know anything else about this range (Couldn't find anything on the net and wondered how old it was) and if there is any advantage / disadvantage to it all being from one piece of wood?

Comment

Working...
              X