cues 1pc or jointed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cues 1pc or jointed

What is the difference between 1 piece cue and 3/4 jointed. Is there a big difference in "feel"? Which one do you prefer and why?
    You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
    BTW vucko means wolfie

All about personal preference. I couldn't see there being a major difference in 'feel' to be honest. I personally would never buy a one piece due to the fact I need to travel a good bit to the club and with a one pice it could be a bit akward.

Summed up here:

http://handmadecues.com/home/23-1pcorjointed.htm

Comment

Originally Posted by vucko117 View Post
      What is the difference between 1 piece cue and 3/4 jointed. Is there a big difference in "feel"? Which one do you prefer and why?
      If the joint is made good, and tight when assembled, then it should be alright when play. If you pot hard, sometimes you can feel the vibrations, but to a very minimal. Even my 2-pcs centre jointed cue won't have this vibration. Enjoy
      It's in the Shaft

Comment

Unless you have had both 1pc and 3/4 you can't really comment so for me i have only ever had one 3/4 cue in my time before that it was a 2pc the 3/4 was from craftsman and for me it plays good.

Kev

Comment

My 3/4 cue feel WONDERFUL if that helps

Comment

Other than when I first started playing and using cues (1 piece) off the rack I have always used 2 piece cues. For close to 10 years I have been using a 3/4 JP that has an excellent hit. In time I would like to order a cue from Trevor, but first would like to experiment with different weights and configurations. A few months ago I ordered a 1 piece to try. My one piece definitely has a different hit to it. It is hard to explain, other than to say when playing shape, I feel that I do not have to hit the cue ball as hard as I would with the JP. The next time I order a one piece I am going to try having the same specs as what my JP has, so that I can make an honest assessment.

So far I prefer the feel of a one piece. I am wondering if it would be to an advantage, if I ordered a one piece with a joint put in after construction?

Mike

Comment

These 1pc or jointed cue should be slightly different as one is plain and one has metal part between. I never felt big difference. Many pro seems to be using 3/4 as they travel and play. If pro is not satisfied with there 3/4, they would choose too carry around 1pc I think. They are pro and they have to have best gear what they need.

Comment

Working...
              X