Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a Real JP traditional? Please help

Hey fellows,

I need your opinion on this JP Traditional which seem to be a half joint.

Look at the badge. What do you think?

Compare to ADR's photo:
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/p...7/100_1230.jpg

The Traditional word on the badge suppose to stretch across isn't it? Can someone shed some light??

Thanks a lot.

i dont think it is

Comment

the joint looks like a parris joint and even the mini butt joint is the same as what parris uses.but theres something wrong with the badge looks kinda different.
      RIP NOEL, A TRUE TSF LEGEND.

Comment

I dont know , perhaps it is , perhaps it isn't . Just play with it and if you like it keep it or just leave it

Comment

Originally Posted by samad View Post
          I dont know , perhaps it is , perhaps it isn't . Just play with it and if you like it keep it or just leave it
          Thanks its not about that its about me blowing hundreds on a replica. I have not made the purchase yet.

Comment

This is ADR's photo of a genuine Traditional badge

Comment

Yeh , thats true . But I bet you'd be able to see the level of craftsmanship and say that's a genuine and if craftmanship aint as good as Parris's then its not geniune . If the craftsmanship is as good as parris's even though its a replica it deserves to be sold at parris's price . If you know what i mean

Comment

Can't edit my post. Sorry about that.

Here is a pic of a Genuine Traditional JP

Comment

i am 100% sure i have seen that cue before on ebay and on tsf and it was believed to be a fake. but looking at it again if it is its a very good copy and parris did make some cues with different badges on he had a problem with his supplier and he made so many cues with a slightly different badge.

Comment

So the seller of the cue says he bought it from this guy xx.

I found a pic in 1 of his auction (xx)

Look at this, thoughts?

I have now emailed Parris directly hopefully they will reply me soon

Comment

Just far too obvious.

Comment

Originally Posted by khizzy View Post
                        the joint looks like a parris joint and even the mini butt joint is the same as what parris uses.but theres something wrong with the badge looks kinda different.
                        Ummmm... my guess would be that someone took a real JP butt, stuck it on a photocopier and used the resulting swollen name text... the "Traditional Cue" looks like a separate insert from another inept scan placed slightly askew.

That would have been binned at JP's before the apprentice got fired for being a space cadet.

=o)

Noel

Comment

Originally Posted by noel View Post
                          Ummmm... my guess would be that someone took a real JP butt, stuck it on a photocopier and used the resulting swollen name text... the "Traditional Cue" looks like a separate insert from another inept scan placed slightly askew.

That would have been binned at JP's before the apprentice got fired for being a space cadet.

=o)

Noel
                          So you're saying it's a bad fake?

Comment

The JP traditional cue is only one piece or 1/2, not 3/4 liike that. It couldn't be made to measure because on the ”made to measure” cues is writen ”special cue”, ”paragon cue” or ”ultimate cue”, never ”traditional cue”, even it is looks like. So I don't think it is a real JP cue.
                            Last edited by mihnea; 30 June 2009, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by mihnea View Post
                              The JP traditional cue is only one piece or 1/2, not 3/4 liike that. It couldn't be made to measure because on the ”made to measure” cues is writen ”special cue”, ”paragon cue” or ”ultimate cue”, never ”traditional cue”, even it is looks like. So I don't think it is a real JP cue.
                              Okay, but can you see its a 1/2 joint? I don't know how you got 3/4 joint.

Comment

Working...
                              X