My new cue!!:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new cue!!:)

Ok, so most of you'll will probably be thinking WHAT is he on about, but i just got my Peradon Royal, and to me it looks gorgeous!! Cant wait to try it out!! So here are the specs (haven't verified the weight though)

Ash
    3/4 joint (at 12 inches)
    Hansdspliced ebony butt
    9mm tip
    Balance - 4" from butt

Just realized that the pics i took are too large to attach. Will do so ASAP!!

4" from butt? awful lol

Comment

Correction- 4" from the joint!!My bad!! And i must say, Adam cases are VERY finr products indeed!!(I think thats how its spelt??)

Oh, and i THINK its 19oz or thereabouts!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Dragonsye View Post
        Correction- 4" from the joint!!My bad!! And i must say, Adam cases are VERY finr products indeed!!(I think thats how its spelt??)

Oh, and i THINK its 19oz or thereabouts!!
        Adam's cases ? which are those ?
        anyway about your question of the spelling , finr is usually written as fine

Comment

Ha ha!! Very funny guys!!

Well, the case is a hard tube-like case. Its really solid, and very well made!!! Its almost identical to this

http://www.bluemoonleisure.com/image..._cue__case.JPG

but for the fact that the lion is in red, and the zippers are silverish also with a red lion on it. Personally, i think mine looks nicer!! It holds my 3/4 Peradon Royal(12" butt- and i must say, it sounds REALLY nice to say MY Peradon Royal!!), plus the mini butt in the front pocket, and the telescopic extension. So its pretty awesome!! I would recommend it over most hard cases!!

And though i was very skeptical to buy off ebay, for 70 (+7.50 shipping) i think i got a fine deal!! The cue plays like a DREAM, it came with a mini butt, telescopic extension, chalk and a tip shaper!! Though the extension doesn't quite fit the cue, im sure i can get that fixed. So all in all, im a VERY happy camper!! Thanks to Peter from ebay!!

Comment

Pics of me cue!!! (uploaded pics of the case on the cue case thread! worth a look, IMHO!!)
            Attached Files

Comment

KUDOS Peradon!!

Ok, so I thought I must write a review about the cue. I've been playing with it for a while, so now I know pretty much all there is to it!!

So first the only downside? Well, the only issue I can make out is that the splices aren't quite in line with the tombstone badge (its a plain ebony butt, so I mean the splices above the joint!!).

BUT....................apart from that very minor glitch, which doesn't really affect me, I must say I have gotten a fine specimen of craftsmanship!! The finish is silky smooth, just a wipe with a damp and dry towel once in a way, and it just glides over my bridge!! The balance is superb! It feels great to play with!! I must say, my game has improved (more because it facilitates me, rather than making me better) but all around, I am a very happy person!! Thank you Peradon!! (Bow)

Personally, (apart from the fact that I cant afford any better!!) I think a good solid cue is all you need, and I doubt I'll ever go for anything else.

One point to note, however- I think since I bought it second hand, I may have gotten an old cue, which was manufactured during a time when the company produced better quality, so I can't vouch for the modern cues. However, if my cue is anything to go by, for a budget, Peradon seems to be a great choice!!

Also, please forgive my ignorance, but I have just stated what I have experienced(though it may be quite limited), as a player who genuinely enjoys the game, and is also of limited means. Just voicing my satisfaction!!

Comment

I like that case, pretty good price for a case that holds all the bits and pieces one has to carry around. Shame it doesn't have a shoulder strap.

Comment

Amen to that!! Amazing deal on the case... It really made the whole deal a "steal"!! Very solid, and also holds everything.

Might actually make a strap for it after I finish my degree, and have time to carry it around!! Right now, just keep it at my club, so no worries!!

Comment

Working...
                  X