No announcement yet.

My new Mastercraft cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pressuming its not come loose and been very amateurly repaired, I imagine just a lack of care when fitting the joint. It's not a really budget cue, but even if it were I'd expect them to line up, be interested to hear what the cue makers on hear thought about it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old cue collector --
    Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
    (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by imrananwar View Post
      Received my Mastercraft black panther 1 pc before the weekend and it's marvellous to play with, done a 50+ break within the first 2 frames and considering 47 was previously my highest, i was well chuffed. (and no i didnt forget to leave the 1 out before 47

Excellent customer service, i would give them 11/10...Dave answered every question and query I had, sorted me out with a free MW tip and good discount on a 1pc aluminimum case and a free chalk pouch.

I would like to post pics but I have a crap mobile camera, i will using my webcam this week if i can.

Compared to Peradon, I had a pro-cue previously, I think mastercraft cue's are much better, the cue was less sticky, less in price, paid only £125 for this compared to £160 for my pro-cue about 12 months back. Got extra weight, as I like my cue heavy.

couldnt ask for better service, if your looking for good cue at good value and cant afford a MW or Ferris, then mastercraft is the place to go.
      Good review dude, interesting your points made against equivalent though much more expensive peradons.

Enjoy playing with it and i hope your game continues to improve

Comment

Originally Posted by Dan27 View Post
        I agree fully, but i was assuming little things like that (ok it's quite a big thing i suppose) was the difference between paying these more budget end prices and paying an extra £100 or more for a Robin Cook or an extra few hundred more for a Mike Wooldridge or Trevor White.

Does anybody know why the splices aren't lined up ? I've not really got much knowledge on how cues are made.
        A cue I ordered from Robin Cook didn't line up either, but then he might have had an excuse as that cue started out as a 1pce but finished as a 3/4.

As far as I know the butt of most 3/4 cues is solid ebony, not spliced. If the butt is plain ebony then I imagine the cue maker would fit the joints then do the flat later. In that case there'd be no excuse for the flat and splice not to line up.

But if the splice work is done prior to fitting the joints for some reason, then I imagine it might be difficult to get them line up everytime.
        Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Nice cue Dan looks like a lovely piece of work. Looking into buying a new cue myself and am in communication with trevor white but the look of your cue is excellent. doesn't matter what anybody says about the splices etc.. it's what you can do with the tool itself and if you are happy with it, it is YOUR friend on the table.
          You never really learn to swear until you miss an easy shot halfway through a break.:snooker:

Comment

Well tonight was the first time i've been able to play with it, it's a fantastic player, feels exactly how I wanted it to, a nice solid feel.

It's also nice to play with a nicely finished cue that doesn't start getting sticky after 30 mins of play.

Comment

Working...
            X