Who Is the Best Cue Maker? Vote here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well dont then!
    yes... pointless thread but that is how forums operate.
    we all know your preferences, and fair play...
    ive tried 2 top cuemakers and ive a favourite.... enough said.

Comment

Riley cues worked OK for me but maybe not for4 the next person. I just HATE these kind of threads where the BEST is always the FAVOURITE theres no point to them.
      Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
      Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

A FAVOURITE..enough said MATE.
        Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
          Sorry but this is a pathetically biased thread with everyone voting for their FAVOURITE cuemaker not the BEST cue maker. I own a JP and according to some am a Parris fanboy but it doesnt mean I think JP is the best. Ive never handled a Mike Wooldridge so how on earth can I compare????
          Agree with that. Both the fanboyness and the other but
          Personally I would recommend Welsh Pool Trading... Because I own one and love it.

But this is just my experience, all the top cuemakers are capable of making great cues and it's going to be up to the individual anyways whether they like it.
          Personally I think you should be able to get a good cue from any cuemaker from the craftsman type range to the "top" cuemakers. Don't be swayed by price especially if you can get somewhere like craftsman to try the cues out personally and find one that suits you.
          sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Sorry but this is a pathetically biased thread with everyone voting for their FAVOURITE cuemaker not the BEST cue maker. I own a JP and according to some am a Parris fanboy but it doesnt mean I think JP is the best. Ive never handled a Mike Wooldridge so how on earth can I compare????
            lol. rr gets angry.

its' hardly biased. good things have been said about a number of cuemakers. but i agree, these threads crop up from time to time, with no 'real' answer.

and nor should there be. one mans meat is another mans poison.

Originally Posted by snookerguy View Post
            Hi... I run a snooker cue store selling only Peradon Products but i want to add more manufacturers. I need help deciding which Cue Makers i should prioritise. Who is the best Maker and Why?
            where is your store? i'm assuming it's online...
            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Yes I do get angry from time to time but im cool now

Comment

why did you buy a parris if you dont think its the best?

bearing in mind they're not the cheapest....
                The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

It was 2nd hand for £175 and was ideal for what I wanted at the time and the £££ was good for me. Im fairly happy with it at present but need to make a decision within a fortnight as to whether I keep it as the new season approaches.

Comment

good price. why you thinking of changing?

you're a coach. you can play with anything
                    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Im a better coach than player though going through a funny spell at the moment of breaking down on 32 (4 blacks) Had 1 against nam1977 from TSF Monday and 3 more tonight in matches

Anyway Ill have to see how it goes but its certainly a nice cue.

Comment

Go on Roy

What I reckon you should do snookerguy is stock a number of cues from various makers, like 4 of each or something, then you will have everything on offer.
                        Then which ever sells more just restock, what don't sell will sell eventualy at the right price.
                        Then you can work out which cue maker you should priorities through that, mean cues don't have a sell by date

As you can see everyone has their own personal favourite, 1 cue maker will be the best to someone, and worse to someone else.

Its just a suggestion, good luck in your business.

I just wished I had the money to own 1 of each of these cue makers in my collection.
                        Have one so far, a Trevor White, Unfortunatley I can't get on with it. Learnt the hard way I don't get on with maple

But the cue itself is a beautiful peace of work, excellent craftsmanship, I will always be proud to have this Trevor White cue in my collection. The finish is unbelievable, silky smooth and so nice to feel

Every cue from now on will be ash for me though, and a tad longer

Comment

Maple isnt for you Nam true but I still think you should try and persevere with it for a bit longer. Look how well you were potting on your own (13 reds and colours) when I was playing against Thai-son. THIRTEEN REDS NAM! That would beat RONNIE! I know theres a consistency issue there but youve still done it once which means you can do it again right?

Comment

Maple isnt for you Nam true but I still think you should try and persevere with it for a bit longer. Look how well you were potting on your own (13 reds and colours) when I was playing against Thai-son. THIRTEEN REDS NAM! That would beat RONNIE! I know theres a consistency issue there but youve still done it once which means you can do it again right?
                            EEerrrrr I was using my cheap 1 piece rack cue for that Roy

And I had more before with the Viktor cue

I will still try though. But its hard plus because I've gotten so used to club cues it feels bit short

But when I was using my craftsman Viktor cue it felt to long, and it was only 56" long, so went with instincts to get a 55 1/2"

Oh well back to the drawing board I guess.

Comment

Remember what Nic told you in Swindon....Consistency.

That includes using the same cue every time you play not different ones

(I fancy one of those kebabs from round your way now!!)

Comment

Remember what Nic told you in Swindon....Consistency.

That includes using the same cue every time you play not different ones

(I fancy one of those kebabs from round your way now!!)
                                I know

Don't remind me of that kebab, still remember the after taste and feeling it gave me

We better stop hijacking this thread before ferret beats us up with a virtual cue

Sorry ferret, and snooker guy:snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X