No announcement yet.

Who Is the Best Cue Maker? Vote here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tend to play better with rack cue sometimes because i am less focus on my own cue.I am too self-conscious about my own cue but when using rack cue i would never care and just play the game.

Comment

Snooker The Fine Art Cue?

Snooker The Fine Art Method
      A secret is wasted if not shared
      Dear Fellow Cuists
      It's great for the game and the "Snooker Trade" to get a boost every so often, this discussion today will have sold a few hundred extra cues.

A few years back if a lad had his own cue it was called with reverance "His Private Cue" not a Jack Jones or a John Smith. I cant remember the great Joe Davis giving a specific cue the credit for his Snooker Majic.

People are brain washed by advertising by top players and dont give themselves due credit for the many well played shots that made that winning break. A personal cue is a kind of prop we cuddle up to between shots and as familiar as a wedded partner.

The amazing thing about Snooker Players being brain washed and advertising is the FACT: If the wonder man Jimmy White said that Black balls are easier to pot on a Tuesday Afternoon and red balls are easier on sunday nights the majority of snooker coaches would adopt this as extra coaching knowledge.

Alan MacManus made over two million pounds with a thirty bob cue and foolishly gave the cheap cue the full credit for his skill and ability. Logic has no chance against "A preferance" Mr hey you

Comment

Originally Posted by mr hey you View Post
        snooker the fine art method
        a secret is wasted if not shared
        dear fellow cuists
        it's great for the game and the "snooker trade" to get a boost every so often, this discussion today will have sold a few hundred extra cues.

A few years back if a lad had his own cue it was called with reverance "his private cue" not a jack jones or a john smith. I cant remember the great joe davis giving a specific cue the credit for his snooker majic.

People are brain washed by advertising by top players and dont give themselves due credit for the many well played shots that made that winning break. A personal cue is a kind of prop we cuddle up to between shots and as familiar as a wedded partner.

The amazing thing about snooker players being brain washed and advertising is the fact: If the wonder man jimmy white said that black balls are easier to pot on a tuesday afternoon and red balls are easier on sunday nights the majority of snooker coaches would adopt this as extra coaching knowledge.

Alan macmanus made over two million pounds with a thirty bob cue and foolishly gave the cheap cue the full credit for his skill and ability. Logic has no chance against "a preferance" mr hey you
        spam! Spam! Spam!
        sigpic <---New Website
        Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

Wow... looks like i've put a cat amongst the pigeons on this thread. I was only looking to see which cue maker to approach next to appear in my store. I'l be honest here, I didnt know anything about cues 6 months ago, all i did was play with a clubroom cue at my local club! I started the site cos i wanted to find an interesting niche market i could get into. Thanks for your comments though..... my store is only tiny at the moment and i only work with peradon cos thats the site i researched first in my initial site building phase. My site is www.snookercuestore.co.uk
          I want to build up some great products to put in there over time but didnt know where to go next so i thought lets ask all the guys on this forum. Thought its as good a place as any to start asking questions.
          Source for the best Snooker Cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr hey you View Post
            Snooker The Fine Art Method
            A secret is wasted if not shared
            Dear Fellow Cuists
            It's great for the game and the "Snooker Trade" to get a boost every so often, this discussion today will have sold a few hundred extra cues.

A few years back if a lad had his own cue it was called with reverance "His Private Cue" not a Jack Jones or a John Smith. I cant remember the great Joe Davis giving a specific cue the credit for his Snooker Majic.

The amazing thing about Snooker Players being brain washed and advertising is the FACT: If the wonder man Jimmy White said that Black balls are easier to pot on a Tuesday Afternoon and red balls are easier on sunday nights the majority of snooker coaches would adopt this as extra coaching knowledge.

Alan MacManus made over two million pounds with a thirty bob cue and foolishly gave the cheap cue the full credit for his skill and ability. Logic has no chance against "A preferance" Mr hey you
            I am sorry but what exactly are you trying to say?
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

in my opinion, this one

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerguy View Post
                Wow... looks like i've put a cat amongst the pigeons on this thread. I was only looking to see which cue maker to approach next to appear in my store. I'l be honest here, I didnt know anything about cues 6 months ago, all i did was play with a clubroom cue at my local club! I started the site cos i wanted to find an interesting niche market i could get into. Thanks for your comments though..... my store is only tiny at the moment and i only work with peradon cos thats the site i researched first in my initial site building phase. My site is www.snookercuestore.co.uk
                I want to build up some great products to put in there over time but didnt know where to go next so i thought lets ask all the guys on this forum. Thought its as good a place as any to start asking questions.
                one issue you will have is most of the best cue makers would not supply you with cues to sell that you can make a sensible profit on - otherwise i would have done it buy now!
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I thought that is what you have been doing?
                  www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

sometimes when i can! but then i know the answers to the question!

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      sometimes when i can! but then i know the answers to the question!
                      I was just pulling your legs.
                      But the production companies will surely give you a nicer margin, right?
                      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                        I was just pulling your legs.
                        But the production companies will surely give you a nicer margin, right?
                        yes of course but they don't normally make the best cues!

Comment

There is no real answer as a few before me have alluded to its personal preference. and one mans **** is another mans gold essentially.

You could take the likes of Parris, Mike, Trevor, Tony Glover, Dave Coutts, Rob Osborne, Robin Cook and all are capable on their day of producing cues as well as another and as good as it gets. The personal side of it comes in who likes what finish, price, type of joint, playability, splicing, customer service, quickness of response etc. You could ask 10 people on here as you have and get 10 answers detailing whats good and bad about each of them.
                          Its not how well you play its how good you look playing that counts!

Comment

well, i play with a north west one piece maple, was origanally a 3/4 until the joint cracked and i had it made one piece, every player has a cue cue to their own standards and quality.

I have played with a John Parris, Dave Coutts, Trevor White and still i play with a north west

look at hendry his was a cue from a junk shop costing hm £30, still good enough to win 7 world titles.

its the player not the cue.

a good loser makes a good winner.

Comment

Originally Posted by JC147GY View Post

look at hendry his was a cue from a junk shop costing hm £30, still good enough to win 7 world titles.
                              that myth still going about!

Comment

If my memory hasn't failed me I remember talking to Stephen Hendry's dad at a tournament in Scotland way back in late 85. Stephen was Scottish Amateur Champ as the time and my first match was with him, which I promptly lost either 3-0 or 3-1, not sure.

Anyway, I think his dad told me he had bought the cue for 20 quid for Stephen's 11th or 12th birthday. I can't recall the brand of the cue off hand but it was maple with a red coloured butt and looked to have a narrow butt at around 27mm or so (but then again maybe I'm getting senile and dreamed this encounter, although I do know I lost the match and he made everything he looked at).

Terry
                                Terry Davidson
                                IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
                                X