X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was a powerglide
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Correct me if i'm wrong, and i'm sure someone will, but didn't Alex Higgins once make a cue out of a broom shaft and play with it for a while. Can't rememebr where i've heard it.
      Live for the day you're in, tomorrow is just something that may happen

Comment

ADR147:

I think my memory had a little flash and if I'm remembering right Stephen's original cue was a Mannock (if that's how it's spelled).

Terry
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
          ADR147:

I think my memory had a little flash and if I'm remembering right Stephen's original cue was a Mannock (if that's how it's spelled).

Terry
          I think Hendrys original cue (as in the one he used during his glory years) was a powerglide that cost 40 pounds. Given that 40 pounds in those days was worth more than now, it was not a super cheap cue, but nor was it expensive. Also I think the quality of cheaper cues back then was much better.

Ronnie used a Mannock didn't he?
          sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

i have said what it was and seen it many times!

Comment

The best cue maker has to be... Powerglide!!! Cheap skate i know, but it doesn't stop me from potting balls!!! :snooker: :snooker: :snooker:

I just cant justify parting with sooo much money for a piece of wood!
              Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
              https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
                I think Hendrys original cue (as in the one he used during his glory years) was a powerglide that cost 40 pounds. Given that 40 pounds in those days was worth more than now, it was not a super cheap cue, but nor was it expensive. Also I think the quality of cheaper cues back then was much better.

Ronnie used a Mannock didn't he?
                Me think it was a powerglide cognossueir.

I thought Ronnie used a Burwat Champion before? Wasn't it Alex Higgins who used a JP Mannock?
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Thats the one. Brains full lol can only remember a certain number of things at once =.=
                  sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

I have to say Hunt & O'Byrne, but that's only because it's the only cue i've had apart from a BCE before that.
                    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by spike View Post
                      I have to say Hunt & O'Byrne, but that's only because it's the only cue i've had apart from a BCE before that.
                      I like that approach: After a simple BCE I choose only just one high-end cue.
                      I wish I could do it that way. Unfortunately I cannot not find peace and do not stay calm if a wonderful cue in my specs comes across...
                      I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

buying a new cue

B&Watts, anyone know what there new handmade cues are like?

And what about Glover Cues?

jason

Comment

best cuemaker? seems obvious to me ... just as JFK said "we choose to go the moon before the decade is out, not because it's easy but because it is hard" ...

so will Totlxtc become the best cuemaker the world has ever seen ... he's just set up his workshop ... http://s611.photobucket.com/albums/tt193/totlxtc1978/

the rest as they say, is history ...

forty years on, Mike Wooldridge will make a fortune appearing on TV shows to say I taught him everything he knows and (rather stupidly) helped him set his workshop up ...

I guess we all live and learn Mike

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                            B&Watts, anyone know what there new handmade cues are like?

And what about Glover Cues?

jason
                            not great / very good.

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                              best cuemaker? seems obvious to me ... just as JFK said "we choose to go the moon before the decade is out, not because it's easy but because it is hard" ...

so will Totlxtc become the best cuemaker the world has ever seen ... he's just set up his workshop ... http://s611.photobucket.com/albums/tt193/totlxtc1978/

the rest as they say, is history ...

forty years on, Mike Wooldridge will make a fortune appearing on TV shows to say I taught him everything he knows and (rather stupidly) helped him set his workshop up ...

I guess we all live and learn Mike
                              and a documentary is made about totlxtc and as the camera pans around his workshop theres trevor white,mike wooldridge and john parris hand finishing totlxtc cues,,,pmsl and when you speak to the sales desk ADR147 answers !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Even though I don't have MW's or JP's or TW's cue, but I think MW cue still the best in the market...for now...
                                My cueing sucks

Comment

Working...
                                X