Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good cue shops near manchester, M29 7BX

Hi. This saturday i am looking at buying
    Last edited by andyt1992; 28 January 2011, 07:04 PM.

http://www.snookershop.com/contactus.htm

in levenshulme, manchester.
    phone 0161 431 9811

i'm sure they will sort you out with a 60" cue

Comment

if you can travel abit there's also peradon in liverpool northwest cues in preston, craftsman cues in leeds also chesworth cues is in sheffield a bit more out of your way but not to far.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, i'll check the distances and take a look, definately gonna go levenshulme as i've heard good about it before.

Comment

i doubt you will find any 60" cues at any shop to be honest,you will have to have it made ,,contact bitter on this forum(welsh pool trading)he will make you one to your spec for between £120-£150 or craftsman cues at leeds also on this forum,, i can personally recomend welsh pool trading as paul made me mine 1 piece 59 1/4 long 10mm 20.5 ozs ash with ebony butt with four splices of thuya burr and matching thuya burr mini butt,,, £160 delivered

Comment

Dhigxfhbvfhvc
            Last edited by andyt1992; 28 January 2011, 07:08 PM.

Comment

You could ring Craftsman and see if they have one in that big you might get lucky. Thurstons or the snooker shop I don't think will really. North West cues isn't in Preston it's well out side towards Blackpool and not a shop really. It's a workshop!

Comment

Well gjrnebfbdkfjnwdn
                Last edited by andyt1992; 28 January 2011, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by andyt1992 View Post
                  Ideally I'd get a 62inch ash 3/4 joint cue, 19/20 oz weight with ebony butt with cucubolo wood splices for looks.
                  62 inch???? Thats a proper seal club
                  sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Hoc jfbjjvdyhcv
                    Last edited by andyt1992; 28 January 2011, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Have you tried measuring properly to get to this length or are you going by the shoulder height guide?
                      Because cue length will be dependant on your bridge arm and the upper part of your cue arm, and bridge distance etc. There are short people with long arms and tall people with short arms.
                      If you haven't already get somebody to measure the distance with a tape measure. Get down (holding an imaginary cue) in your normal position and when your cue is just behind the white ball your back arm should be vertical between elbow and grip.
                      But then I always think too long is better than too short, as you can always hold the cue further up the butt.

Oh and BTW I'm another recommendation for Welsh Pool Trading My cue cost me 160 delivered. (sorry all that are fed up of seeing this )
                      http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=IMG_2287.jpg

If you want to visit a shop though green baize would be another good option.
                      http://www.greenbaize.com/contact.php

You might want to phone any shop you intend to visit before hand though to make sure they have any cues of the required length to save a wasted trip.
                      Last edited by RGCirencester; 13 July 2009, 08:20 PM.
                      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by Watford View Post
                        You could ring Craftsman and see if they have one in that big you might get lucky. Thurstons or the snooker shop I don't think will really. North West cues isn't in Preston it's well out side towards Blackpool and not a shop really. It's a workshop!
                        northwest cues is in freckleton preston. which is a lot closer to the centre of preston than the centre of blackpool.

Comment

green baize is a 3 hour journey from me haha. i have measured it to 1 inch below my shoulder because if i rest the cue on my bridgehand and on the table and put my rear hand where it would feel most comfy on a cue and it is about 4.5 inches behind the but of my cue. I have finally decided to get a bigger cue because when i see a video of my cueing action i can see how unnatural my cueing action is aswell a being able to feel it when i play. Also i very regularly catch my hand on my pocket and in my shirt etc. because of how i hold the cue to compensate for my height.
                          Are there any other tall players on this forum? a little help please.
                          Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X