Custom Cue Quotes. Good Value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by TT_andaman View Post
    It would be awesome if Chinese cue maker can come up with Omin or master cue level. We will have many choice to choose from in Asia and not to get cue from England and waste on postage. I never play with master cue before but only Omin (for Thai hand made). I found that the cue feeling is very solid and well balanced. The only thing that annoy me is the tip size. Omin recommended me getting the tip size of 9.7 mm but I wanted to have 9.5 mm. Do you think I should get it back and have it redone at 9.5 mm? I don't feel very confident when using screw. Please advise.

Kob Khun Krub..:snooker:
    TT_andaman : My friend is experimenting a craftmanship from a reputed Chinese cuemaker. This chinese cuemaker is quite good in balancing and nice splices work (he is supplying finished cue,without any badge, to a brand in UK. I can't tell u more about this). Should take him about a few months from now to come up with a professional level cue quality. BTW, if you feel 9.5 tip is good for you, then have Omin rework on the shaft. You can talk to his sister. She's very helpful and don't mind to do it free for you. For myself, I play 9.8-10mm tip
    It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
      TT_andaman : My friend is experimenting a craftmanship from a reputed Chinese cuemaker. This chinese cuemaker is quite good in balancing and nice splices work (he is supplying finished cue,without any badge, to a brand in UK. I can't tell u more about this). Should take him about a few months from now to come up with a professional level cue quality. BTW, if you feel 9.5 tip is good for you, then have Omin rework on the shaft. You can talk to his sister. She's very helpful and don't mind to do it free for you. For myself, I play 9.8-10mm tip
      Thank you very much for your comment. I will try for a month to get used to with 9.7 tip. Most of the time I feel good with it just when I play draw back only that I feel uncomfortable.

Best regards,

Comment

Originally Posted by TT_andaman View Post
        Thank you very much for your comment. I will try for a month to get used to with 9.7 tip. Most of the time I feel good with it just when I play draw back only that I feel uncomfortable.

Best regards,

TT_andaman : Would agree that you try it out for a month. I like size of about 10mm because it makes me feel confident playing sides (more touching area between tip and cue ball - similar to wider car tires for road gripping purpose) and screwing back is not a problem either. Anyway, I believe Omin will help you out if you need changes. He's reliable on the after-sale service, as far as my experience concerned. I am doing another burr wood in maple too. BTW, the kid did 5 blacks last night (the club manager witnessed his success) so I am doing an Omin for him, and that he still can keep that original cue if he wishes. Good Luck
        It's in the Shaft

Comment

Working...
        X