Truly great eBay offer;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truly great eBay offer;

Hmmm, have a look at this, http://cgi.ebay.co.UK/John-Parris-Ul...3A1%7C294%3A50 700 quid ?? a nutter ??? Always amuses me these adverts for Parris cues apart from the poor grammar and spelling mistakes they all have one thing in common, how beautiful and unique the cue is and how lucky you are to be offered one and that you would have to wait 21 years if you were to order something like this from the JP shop, well you might, but it would at least be real. And the cues are so great, some almost new, just unwrapped, jet these admirers of Parris cues cant sell them fast enough?? John Parris on his website tells us all that the Ultimate cue is the best, I quote " As the name suggests this is a truly magnificent shaft, with the straightest of grain, very even points and a superb feel. It will be made to your own design and specifications." end of quote, I dont criticize John for charging whatever he does for the Ultimate, if people would not be happy paying it he could not do it, so there is no argument, what does strike me as somewhat odd is what does that say about his other cues ?? they are not cheap by any stretch of the imagination , if only the Ultimate has a magnificent shaft why would anyone waste 400 pounds + on one his catalogue cues ?? I have two cues right here, one made by Kevin Muncaster the other by Robin Cook, both were made to my own design and specification, like the Ultimate from JP and if there is a better shaft then they both used I have not seen it, one cue cost 120 pounds and the other 260 pounds, and there is no way I would swap either for any one of the many Parris Ultimates I have seen, nor would I sell them. The cue on ebay obviously if it is real? has that truly magnificent shaft with the straightest of grain and very even points.

Attach pic of the Kevin Muncaster & Robin Cook shafts, which obviously as I have not paid anywhere near Ultimate price are not truly magnificent shafts with the straightest of grain and very even points.:snooker:
    Last edited by JP1; 29 March 2011, 04:39 AM.

hi JP1. i understand exactly what you are saying and i thought the same as much in the beginning.

i dont think theres anything wrong with his catalogue cues in terms of playability (although it is said that they are hit and miss). i think its just the aesthetics of the shaft you are paying for, or the quality of the woods used to design the cue.

to my knowledge, all his catalogue cues what he calls his "special" shafts. the only reason they aren't called "special" on the badge is because its not made to measure.

a guy from my club has just bought a parris cue from his rack and the ebony isnt what i would call consistant with brown flecks all over it. actually it isnt anywhere near consistant with quite an ugly looking tulip wood.

so i guess when you pay for top end prices, you will get top end quality not just playability. though i guess £400 for a special made to measure isnt top end in his books as he also has the paragon and ultimate shafts.

with regards to that link on ebay. the guy didnt pay £900 for it. he got it off another seller on ebay and that seller he got it off just sent him all the papers etc with the cue. how dishonest
    Last edited by thai_son22; 15 July 2009, 03:05 PM.

Comment

The bloke selling the cue on ebay bought it off ebay a few weeks back for £536, i know because i was watching it, the cue isnt even an ultimate it a special cue. He put it back on there last week for £680 and he was advertising it as an ultimte, so i sent him a message telling him that i saw it a few weeks ago for sale as a special sue, i also asked him what was the number on the badge and could he send me a photo of it, he then sent me a message telling me its confidential lol, for anyone whos interested type this number in the search on ebay and you can see for yourself 290319940823.

Comment

Originally Posted by paulbur View Post
        The bloke selling the cue on ebay bought it off ebay a few weeks back for £536, i know because i was watching it, the cue isnt even an ultimate it a special cue. He put it back on there last week for £680 and he was advertising it as an ultimte, so i sent him a message telling him that i saw it a few weeks ago for sale as a special sue, i also asked him what was the number on the badge and could he send me a photo of it, he then sent me a message telling me its confidential lol, for anyone whos interested type this number in the search on ebay and you can see for yourself 290319940823.
        lol thats quite funny. what a blagger. wonder why he would sell the cue though. must be because he didnt like it. i refuse to believe for resell lol

Comment

[QUOTE=paulbur;406319]bought it off ebay a few weeks back for £536... He put it back on there last week for £680...QUOTE]

Maybe he bought the JP... and now needs his money back... took the new cue to his club and lost a match for £144?

=o)

Noel

Comment

In the listing it states the cue is a special cue not ultimate !

Comment

Originally Posted by crispian jones View Post
              i believe in the description itself yes. but the title states ultimate?

Comment

Originally Posted by crispian jones View Post
                he tried to sell it as an ultimate last week, after i asked him a few questions about it he remove the ad and has now put it on again but changed it to a specail cue

Comment

bit of a confusing listing i think, not for me though! and i would buy almost anyones cue !

Comment

Working...
                  X