sell a 58" ,18 oz ,9.5 mm coco wood + ebony cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    its just a cheap chinese cue - but at least its is actually cheap!
    Andrew, I dont know how much is cheap for a acceptable snooker cue, but there are tons of cues in China which you can get for 10-20 pounds. Thats IMO cheap cue.

cant believe I came back after 15 days and this thread is live again. I think we should make a list of these cues, would be fun.

Comment

• I think the word everyone is looking for is "simulated" hand spliced thats the thing to look for it means painted or "ebonized" that i think is plastic!
      If you buy a cue and it just says hand spliced and its painted or plastic get your money back.

Hand splicing adds weight to the butt of the cue and i would imagine helps make a better ballanced cue.
      No splicing means it has loads of metal/lead shoved in its butt.

Comment

• Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
        LOL.

How do you know for sure that there is no splices underneath the black stain if you dont mind me asking?
        I don't... I was assuming coz it doesn't seem to make sense to splice and then paint... but you know what, I finally got around to fixing the cue, getting the ferrule sorted, flatten, and removed all the black paint, and guess what.. There IS rosewood splicing underneath it! But it's so bloody funny that the splicings are all different shades, I don't understand these cue makers, if you're going to go into the trouble of splicing the cue, why not use woods of the same colour? HELLO??? (that proves there's no logic in these people's heads... )
        Last edited by lk8; 4 November 2009, 11:53 PM. Reason: contents irrelavent... :D

Comment

• Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
          I saw some "Klein" cues that were exactly like the Kevin Sharland (pictures were taken witht he same abckground and same angles), I think he has changed the name.

guess what, yesterday I was browsing through the internet trying to find a cheap 1 piece maple to play around again, and I saw this "Klein" brand, and I tell ya what, the layout for the ebay and colour scheme was EXACTLY the same as the Kevin Sharland's, so 100% it's the same seller with a new name, and this particular cue bidded to 97 pounds in the end, so you must be right!

Comment

• lololol this is the best thread so far rofl!

u know, i hav one of these cues. only, wen i got mine (a good yr n a bit ago) it had lacquer on it all the way just past the splicing, and i could tell it was painted on. so i went ahead n did wat i did to my BCE and dufferin cue (with painted splicings on it-evn tho the ppl who sold it to me claimed it was handspliced) and i sanded it all down, to get the truth. funny enough, the chinese one was hand made. the BCE and duiffering both were not handspliced. instead, werent even spliced. they had glued another but endd of maple wood, to the ash cue, and its ridiculous. funny if u ask me.

that aside, they actually do 'handsplice' these cues. or at least, use machines to imitate the hand splicing methods. u can see 4 indivdual splices and the butt splices, once the lacquer n paint has come off. they either use a cheap brown low grade ebony, or it isnt ebony. in which case, i dont know why they paint it. think it looks much better wihtout the paint on tbh. not a bad hitting cue. mine works well. i bought these cues for 1 reason only, it had a 8.5 mm tip. use it for pool, hard to find good pool cues in australia.

Comment

Working...
            X