New cue - Tip Size/weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New cue - Tip Size/weight

I know this is all personal preference but I've never ordered a cue before and the current specifications of my cue are 9.5mm tip and 18.5-19oz.

Ive read quite a few times that increasing the size of the tip to 10mm can make an impact on your ability to cue the ball dead centre as obviously the larger surface area impacting the ball.

I quite fancy trying out this theory for my next cue, however I find due to the smaller tip size I can impart spin on the ball quite easily.

Should i then be looking at dropping the weight of my new cue to aid with getting through the ball quicker and keeping the balance of cue power which my current game has.

Any advice would be well recieved, thanks.

stick with what your use to

Comment

It would be wise to stick with what you are familiar with, instead of spending hard earned money on a cue which you might not get on with. If you want a smaller tip, that can be ok becase if you want to revert back to the larger tip, you can have a mushroom tip. As for the weight that is entirely up to you and what you feel comfortable with.

Why not experiment with other cues of different specs to see what suits you

Comment

Keep your original specs. The new cue won't adapt to you. If u don't know what's your specs, then try different cues and see which one you play best, then keep that specs for your new cue, unless your body size changes
        It's in the Shaft

Comment

Working...
        X