Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Not Trevor White! Then Who should make my cue??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Not Trevor White! Then Who should make my cue??

Since i cant get in contact with trevor , who would you think is the best or next best cue maker to make my cue.. ???
    who makes the cue with the best balance , feel , look etc...?

Originally Posted by joniboi View Post
    Since i cant get in contact with trevor , who would you think is the best or next best cue maker to make my cue.. ???
    who makes the cue with the best balance , feel , look etc...?
    I hope that's not a cheap shot @ Trevor joniboi, genuine. Follow the 'ram p' very good thread & with a bit of luck, ram p will be able to give you a recomendation.

Apart from that, make sure you never walk past a very good cue without knowing.
    Ex-Pro, 1992 to 1994

Comment

Robin Cook.

Comment

I never own a Trevor White, but as I can actually 'watch' my cue during the production process, besides that I live close to their factories, Omin and Mastercue are my favourite cuemakers
        It's in the Shaft

Comment

Hey dude,

How would your define the best cue maker or next best?

The best cue maker in my sense might not be your best.

Have you tried any Aussie cue maker before? Are they good enough....
          I myself have tried Zaks(Aussie) custom cue before n i find that the cue is also very good.

What are the priotiy factors in which you look for from the cue maker? Their skill, craftmanship, balancing, finish and etc?

I dun think anyone will disgrace his own custom cue unless the cue were really badly done even by some well known maker.

I have tried several well known cuemakers cue such as will hunt,H&O, MW and even owning JP, TW, mastercue and Omin. I still find that mastercue gave me the best overall feeling even though i m only paying a faction of the price compared to the European cue maker.
          Last edited by willytan; 29 July 2009, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Mike Wooldridge @ www.handmadecues.com

Comment

Robin Cook,Mike Wooldridge

Comment

I'll recommend Mike Wooldridge but I like my Mastercue very much as well......

Comment

Originally Posted by willytan View Post
                  Hey dude,

How would your define the best cue maker or next best?

The best cue maker in my sense might not be your best.

Have you tried any Aussie cue maker before? Are they good enough....
                  I myself have tried Zaks(Aussie) custom cue before n i find that the cue is also very good.

What are the priotiy factors in which you look for from the cue maker? Their skill, craftmanship, balancing, finish and etc?

I dun think anyone will disgrace his own custom cue unless the cue were really badly done even by some well known maker.

I have tried several well known cuemakers cue such as will hunt,H&O, MW and even owning JP, TW, mastercue and Omin. I still find that mastercue gave me the best overall feeling even though i m only paying a faction of the price compared to the European cue maker.
                  Totally agree to you. The best cue is the one that fits you, or makes you play good. From my own experience, Omin has better cuemaking machines comparing to Mastercue, while the latter offering lower in $$ with similar wood/splices. As told, I am quite lucky as both makers are near my house, and I can see the whole process, with prior testing before payment. Anyhow, nice looking cues make me feel good infront of opponents and friends, and nothing to do with my play quality
                  It's in the Shaft

Comment

thanks for the info mate...
                    yeah i know there are some aussie cue makers but they think they are that good that they can put any price on their cues.!
                    i like mastercue my mate has a 1pc and it feels nice.
                    how much do they charge for a 1pc? without the fancy splicing hehe

Comment

balance balance balance...and craftmanship
                      in the end there is nothing like picking up a well balanced cue that has been well crafted and going down to take a shot and it just sits perfectly...( i dont know if u all know what i mean) its almost as if its already doing half the cueing for u hehe
                      i dont loook too much for veneers and things like that as i am usually looking down the tip end of my cue all of the time...i dont play shots with the butt lol...

Comment

balance balance balance...and craftmanship
                        in the end there is nothing like picking up a well balanced cue that has been well crafted and going down to take a shot and it just sits perfectly...( i dont know if u all know what i mean) its almost as if its already doing half the cueing for u hehe
                        i dont loook too much for veneers and things like that as i am usually looking down the tip end of my cue all of the time...i dont play shots with the butt lol...
                        Yeah but if you are a bit of a show-off then its different

Comment

are u saying you like showing off? haha
                          i dont understand how someone going woooo look at my wooody u like???
                          makes u feel goood lol jkz

Comment

thanks for the info mate...
                            yeah i know there are some aussie cue makers but they think they are that good that they can put any price on their cues.!
                            i like mastercue my mate has a 1pc and it feels nice.
                            how much do they charge for a 1pc? without the fancy splicing hehe
                            (Psss..... I paid $124 pick up - one piece plain ebony)
                            It's in the Shaft

Comment

serious?? are they easy to deal with online? how much more do omin charge?

Comment

Working...
                              X