Series of MasterCue and Omin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series of MasterCue and Omin

There are a lot of series for MasterCue and Omin. Any idea which series is the most expensive and which is the cheapest?

For Omin, there is
    - Union
    - Climax
    - Hunter
    - Universe
    - Wonderful
    - Perfect
    - Imagine
    - Spirit
    - Classic

For MasterCue, there is
    - Probutt
    - Exclusive
    - New Millenium

Hunter-Union-Climax is the order for Omin. I've ordered a Union cue.

Comment

Of the O'Min. The Classic, then Perfect, Then Climax judging by the prices I'm charged. Not sure about the rest.

The Mastercue Range goes like
      Champion - around 45 euro
      Tournament - Around 60 Euro
      Tudor - Around 90 Euro
      Classic - Around 120
      Probutt - From 150 up
      M1-M5 are probably the next dearest (220)
      The exlusives would be slightly dearer (230)
      Then the M6 (147) and the M7 (Pyragon) would be next (250)
      You then have his Conniseuer range and new Heritage range after that. (Never sold any - but got a custom Conniseuer for a friend, lovely one piece cue.)
      Of course then you can get a custom made cue from Mastercue.
      Last edited by Deiseboy; 29 July 2009, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by nukihz View Post
        There are a lot of series for MasterCue and Omin. Any idea which series is the most expensive and which is the cheapest?

For Omin, there is
        - Union
        - Climax
        - Hunter
        - Universe
        - Wonderful
        - Perfect
        - Imagine
        - Spirit
        - Classic

For MasterCue, there is
        - Probutt
        - Exclusive
        - New Millenium
        Machined splices are the cheapest, though the balance is the same with the hi-end ones. You pay additional $$ for more fancy, splice+, wood+, works. I have seen their 'Connoisseur S' model, that costs about US$430 pick up (12+ splices, burr wood, square badge, very neat handmade, etc.). Too bad don't have photo, and gone to other buyers very fast. Any design will offer the same 'playing' quality, balance, and feel. Their snakewood splices (mostly custom orders) cost above US$500
        It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
          Machined splices are the cheapest, though the balance is the same with the hi-end ones. You pay additional $$ for more fancy, splice+, wood+, works. I have seen their 'Connoisseur S' model, that costs about US$430 pick up (12+ splices, burr wood, square badge, very neat handmade, etc.). Too bad don't have photo, and gone to other buyers very fast. Any design will offer the same 'playing' quality, balance, and feel. Their snakewood splices (mostly custom orders) cost above US$500

unclevit,
          how much is an exclusive master cue costs normally? any idea?

Comment

Originally Posted by ttc77 View Post
            unclevit,
            how much is an exclusive master cue costs normally? any idea?
            My friends used to buy them in 3/4 w/o mini butt, costed from US$250 pick up. Their most expensive, ready-made one, is around US$450, pick up. Snakewood will cost some 20% more. For both M/C and Omin, you can cut down the length, and slimmer the butt, for free at their factories/time of purchase. Later services will cost around US$10-US$20 for length/diametre adjustments (shortened or lower dia.). Prices given here are for estimates only. Regular customers will get more discounts. Hope this helps :snooker:
            It's in the Shaft

Comment

My friends used to buy them in 3/4 w/o mini butt, costed from US$250 pick up. Their most expensive, ready-made one, is around US$450, pick up. Snakewood will cost some 20% more. For both M/C and Omin, you can cut down the length, and slimmer the butt, for free at their factories/time of purchase. Later services will cost around US$10-US$20 for length/diametre adjustments (shortened or lower dia.). Prices given here are for estimates only. Regular customers will get more discounts. Hope this helps :snooker:
              I am thinking to buy the EX 2 with mini butt, would you be able to help me get discount?

Comment

Originally Posted by ttc77 View Post
                I am thinking to buy the EX 2 with mini butt, would you be able to help me get discount?
                Don't know how much will they charge + mini butt. Cost for airship should be standard rate. PM me. unclevit at yahoo dot com
                It's in the Shaft

Comment

does that mean there is no point in going for more expensive model if I'm not interested in the cosmetic area?

The feel of the wood and its hit is the same?

Comment

Originally Posted by nukihz View Post
                    does that mean there is no point in going for more expensive model if I'm not interested in the cosmetic area?

The feel of the wood and its hit is the same?
                    Machined splices = less working hours and craftmanship involved, and perhaps less (exotic) woods. They won't do cues with differences in balance and playability, standard to hi ends. Perhaps hi-end models will last years of regular use (handmade = more details/neatness in work). Cosmetic splices and exotic woods make the cue look more attractive, cue that you will be proud to own, and show to others. If u have to play with only one cue, and budget allows, still I would recommend go for the best looking you can pay. I am not playing that good, so fancy works/woods will give me more 'eyes catching'. I believe many pro players give more attention to fit and balance, and playability rather than fancy works of art, as witnessed from recent 6-Red Sangsorm. You may think differently. Personal preferences. And yes, if you don't fancy splices/woods, go for standard version, though machine made. All Omin and Mastercue are well played with
                    It's in the Shaft

Comment

thanks unclevit. will email u to understand more and possibly need your help when I make the trip to bangkok.

Comment

I also reccommend Omin as I am playing with it and very satisfy with its quality of work. I agree with Unclevit that the design did not provide the quality of playing. I would suggest to have what you like in term of design as it would satisy yourself if you compare your cue with other. In term of quality of the shaft, you should start with classic model and if you does not like any spices for your butt then go for it as it would be the same shaft with perfect model and cost more for spices work. BTW, I am using climax one, Omin adjust the balance for me to feel some weight on my bridge.

Comment

Also here are the rank of Omin model if I am not mistaken. It start from most expensive one to cheaper one;

Hunter
                          Union
                          Imagine
                          Climax
                          Perfect
                          Classic

Other model would be machine-spice. Our snooker legend, James, is using Union model with the very fine ash shaft and cost over 1,000 USD or around 620 pound.

Comment

Originally Posted by TT_andaman View Post
                            Also here are the rank of Omin model if I am not mistaken. It start from most expensive one to cheaper one;

Hunter
                            Union
                            Imagine
                            Climax
                            Perfect
                            Classic

Other model would be machine-spice. Our snooker legend, James, is using Union model with the very fine ash shaft and cost over 1,000 USD or around 620 pound.
                            andaman : Scheduled myself to order one Hunter in September. Will take about 2 weeks for production. Of course, tailor-made, 12 splices version. Jealous ? And if my wives allow, perhaps One Union, 12 splices, in October. My specs... Don't cry andaman (They are all to add into my collections, again)
                            It's in the Shaft

Comment

I've never seen the Omin 147 model. My Union should be coming in a week or so.

Comment

Working...
                              X