• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it's butterfly spliced and yes it's joined at 12''

Comment

Originally Posted by labamba View Post
      Yes it's butterfly spliced and yes it's joined at 12''
      The cue in the picture does not look butterfly spliced to me...is it just the angle?
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

I guess so, it looks a butterfly job to me though from all angles.

Comment

Originally Posted by JamesFoster View Post
          Wow look at all the V's (aka arrows/chevrons) on the shaft. There must be 10 on there. I have a Peradon Pro and have 5 evenly spaced V's. BTW what do other folk on the TSF look for in terms of these V's and fine grain lines?
          Doesn't matter what they look like on the lower part of the shaft. It's looks as if there are only a few arrows on the latter part (in the line of sight) This is what he will have been aiming for when it was made I think

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
            The cue in the picture does not look butterfly spliced to me...is it just the angle?
            well poolq, it certainly dont look hand spliced to me, and since you've been turning cues, i dont really understand, unless you mean it looks like a machine spliced 4 tip cue...

and while we are on it... matty uk, didnt you have a nice muncaster cue (hand spliced).. and if so do you think for the same ball park figure that a machine made wooldridge is better?

Comment

Looks butterfly spliced to me... 2 rounded points... I've tried squinting but it still looks butterfly spliced
              sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyuk View Post
                So I got a wonderful New Mike Wooldridge White Shark a few days ago. (Its the snooker model)
                Simply beautiul to look, hold, touch, smell...I could go on. The airtwist joint is superb and the finish, exquisite.
                Nice! As it happens I received my Mike Wooldridge White Shark this past Monday. It's only been out in public one night and has already received many compliments. The slim blue and white case attracts attention, too.

Cheers to Mike for making such a fine cue. Photos to follow soon.
                http://www.findsnooker.com/
                Snooker tables in the USA

Snooker cue: Mike Wooldridge white Shark
                Pool: Chuck Starkey custom, Schuler SLC-505

Comment

How would you compare this to northwest?

Comment

Originally Posted by Rethunk View Post
                    As it happens I received my Mike Wooldridge White Shark this past Monday. It's only been out in public one night and has already received many compliments. The slim blue and white case attracts attention, too.
                    Sounds nice...look forward to seeing the pics.
                    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Shark series are buterfly splice ie 2 points. But don't knock it till you try it.

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
                        Looks butterfly spliced to me... 2 rounded points... I've tried squinting but it still looks butterfly spliced
                        LOL
                        In this picture the cue looks like a cue with sharp points to me...if everyone else says it is butterfly spliced, perhaps I have gone crazy????
                        Last edited by poolqjunkie; 13 January 2010, 09:08 PM.
                        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

LOL
                          In this picture the cue looks like a cue with sharp points to me...if everyone else says it is butterfly spliced, perhaps I have gone crazy????
                          im with you on this one

Comment

LOL
                            taxi for pq! one way to the asylum please...

it's butterfly spliced and rounded but the the light/shadow in pic does make it look like it's coming to a point.

so you're only a little bit mad after all...
                            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Yeah sorry I shoulve made more effort to show off splices. They truly are art.

To the person that mentioned Kevin Muncaster, and this isnt because he was rude to my dad but he isnt in the same league as Mike. His splices were uneven, even the lines were wonky. It was a butt heavy cue aswell. And plus, Mike's cue was £5 less.

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                                taxi for pq! one way to the asylum please...

it's butterfly spliced and rounded but the the light/shadow in pic does make it look like it's coming to a point.

so you're only a little bit mad after all...
                                LOL.

Okay, one way to the asylum here I come
                                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                                X