No announcement yet.

New Wooldridge Custom cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both cues look brilliant.But one thing I would like to point out that I bought a pro3 from martin chesworth,the cue was brilliant but there was some gap in the badge and the butt surface which really put me off bcoz I could feel the gap while holding the cue.
    And as I can see from the picture there is some gap b/w badge and the butt surface in both these cues.
    My deep screw shot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

I would really like mike to answer bcoz his cues are flawless but this was slight problem that I faced.
      My deep screw shot

Comment

yes sunny, i ended up getting that cue back and can see you ruined the nameplate by sanding the whole area!

actually, the new nameplates are difficult to fit nicely. yours was one of the first as it happens and i've slowly been finding the ideal way to fit them.

so you probably would not find newer ones such an inconvenience...

bear in mind most cuemakers pay little attention to the flat, often leaving it cut quite square with 'sharp' edges. this makes it much easier to fit a nameplate flush.

but i think they feel sh*t.

all my butts and flats are carefully sanded by hand so they feel really nice when you actually hold them. but if this makes the flat curved at the edges, then it is not possible to fit the nameplate perfectly flush, instead it will be set slightly into the the cue top and bottom.

but still set level and even. just in case anyone reading thinks they're just thrown in with little care....

i think my butts feel much nicer all round so it's a small compromise to make for the new nameplates. and besides, now i've 'perfected' the setting of them i think they actually feel really nice now.

my old nameplates, and still the personal ones, are fitted differently and sanded perfectly flush with the butt all round.
        Last edited by MikeWooldridge; 2 August 2009, 04:50 PM.
        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
          the winds of change are blowing my friend...

and mikey boy has been working on something exciting which will be revealed sooner rather than later.

trust me, it's gonna put a smile on a lot of people's faces....
          i know exactly what that is!!

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, I'll check out Mike's site and see what's there.

I'm in Ontario and only get down to the east coast for the Maritime Championships, normally in March so don't want to wait that long

Terry
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
              yes sunny, i ended up getting that cue back and can see you ruined the nameplate by sanding the whole area!

actually, the new nameplates are difficult to fit nicely. yours was one of the first as it happens and i've slowly been finding the ideal way to fit them.

so you probably would not find newer ones such an inconvenience...

bear in mind most cuemakers pay little attention to the flat, often leaving it cut quite square with 'sharp' edges. this makes it much easier to fit a nameplate flush.

but i think they feel sh*t.

so all my butts and flats are carefully sanded by hand so they feel really nice when you actually hold them. but if this makes the flat curved at the edges, then it is not possible to fit the nameplate perfectly flush, instead it will be set slightly into the the cue top and bottom.

but still set level and even. just in case anyone reading thinks they're just thrown in with little care....

i think my butts feel much nicer all round so it's a small compromise to make for the new nameplates. and besides, now i've 'perfected' the setting of them i think they actually feel really nice now.

my old nameplates, and still the personal ones, are fitted differently and sanded perfectly flush with the butt all round.
              Thanks a lot for your reply Mike!
              I couldn't resist myself from raising this issue bcoz I think your cues are absolutely top class and I just couldn't understand why even such a small flaw was left.So I just wanted to put up my point based on my personal experience.
              It's great to see how much care you take for every issue.You are a top bloke Mike!
              Warm Regards,
              sunny
              My deep screw shot

Comment

Two very nice looking cues.

Comment

Terry, Noel is in your neck of the woods and his cue has an excellent hit to it. Also good luck later this month.

I would love to be able to try both cues, especially if the specs are the same. I would be curious to see(feel) if there is any difference between the two hits. Obviously the one on the right has much fewer arrows, so a blind test could answer the debate pertaining to # of arrows and the hit of a cue. As I believe Mike has already stated, fewer arrows in the shaft, does not guaranty a better hitting cue. Not that I think you are wrong Mike, but it would be nice to try.

Excellent job, I would take either one.

Mike

Comment

Lovely cues

Comment

Working...
                    X