No announcement yet.

Dunns Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=sanman;414793]Here da million dollar question guys. How do u rate this cue maker witg the JP MW TW etc[/QUOTE

Dunns cues are no way in the same league of a JP MW TW, the Dunns cue my mate had was very cheap, rough finish and it was bent. He ended up using the Riley's club cue and sent it back the following day. He bought a Mastercue for the same money and it was 5 times better. But if I were you I'd look at a MW shark cue for a little extra you wont be disappointed.

Comment

They look half decent from these photos - what they play like might be different!
      Attached Files

Comment

For the price, I would consider it unrealistic to compare them to John Parris or even Omin or Master...

They are probably made in China, may be in a grade better than the .99 no reserve Chinese cues on ebay.
        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
          They are probably made in China, may be in a grade better than the .99 no reserve Chinese cues on ebay.
          I've got the impression that they are UK made.

Comment

I went to their web site, and I saw a cue there with a badge that reads, "sexy" and another one with a badge that reads, "Eric Chung." Did not see any "Dunns" on these cues.
            Are they selling some other cues there? Is "sexy" a brand name, and who is "Eric Cheng?"
            Their present offers through their websites, many cues look good. Wonder how's the playing quality, especially the shaft
            It's in the Shaft

Comment

Hi mate,

I'm using Dunns' cue.
              Got 2 cues from them.
              Here are the pics of my cue :

My 1st Dunns cue: Model G --> Legend

Wana try out maple shaft, feels nice. Used it for a year, later had an idea to custom a new cue.

My 2nd cue from Dunns : Custom --> "SEXY"

There is no reason for me to get 2 cues from Dunns if I'm let down.
              Its an asian cue made in thailand, well...
              When I 1st use the cue, it kinda feels like Master Cue. Thin shaft, slim butt.
              Venon, the person in charge for Dunns is a responsible guy. Whenever I email him with questions, he reply in no time. So I really feel confident with him.
              The price are resonable too... Well I'm not a pro player and not earning much too.. haha...
              Final say, if you play well... The cue looks expensive even you are using house cue.
              Happy potting >_<"'
              Hi Ho The Merry Yo, The Black Went In The Hole~ :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
                Their present offers through their websites, many cues look good. Wonder how's the playing quality, especially the shaft
                Haha... The "SEXY" badge is custom by me.
                Wana be kinda kinky ya know.
                Frank speaking, the workmanship is ok for the price offer.
                When I first custom make this cue, I was worry about the joint part as the wood grain must meet nicely to the arrows. Hmm... I'm not disappionted after this cue arrived to her daddy--> ME
                The cue met my spect given, 19oz, 58", 10mm tip etc...

Only things is the finishes at the butt area.
                I'm having sweaty plums, so the buff finishes kinda fade. Check out the pic:

Tried using wax to polish, helps a little. But comes back after a few games.

Beside this issue... Yup, still like the cue. (I'm not a really fussy person ya)

As for the shaft, depends how you like you game to be?
                I preferred hard stiff shaft, requested and they give me
                If you prefer your shaft to be abit softer, better to apply more spin on the cue ball, you can request them. I believe they will assist you

Happy potting >_<"'
                Happy Potting >_<"'

Comment

They are made in Taipei. A bloke named Vernon is their on site sales rep.

Comment

Originally Posted by onefinger View Post
                    I have that feeling too, that their cues are not made in Thailand. By the way, I saw that 'coating peeling off' on the butt. First time to see something like this. Don't like it. Hope it has nothing to do with overall crafting quality
                    It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by onefinger View Post
                      Gosh... Thanks bro, was told by him that its was made in Thailand.
                      Hmm... Well, guess I'll gona save up for a better one.
                      Robin is my next choice, my friend owns one.
                      Gota feel of it, nice~ Kinda likes it too.

Comment

i'm using a standard model from Dunns currently.
                        The cue looks good but the hit is quite bad. Maybe I'm not used to it but it feels hollow and lotsa vibration.

A few pple who have tested mine also agrees that the wood feels funny.

Comment

Originally Posted by nukihz View Post
                          i'm using a standard model from Dunns currently.
                          The cue looks good but the hit is quite bad. Maybe I'm not used to it but it feels hollow and lotsa vibration.

A few pple who have tested mine also agrees that the wood feels funny.
                          That is why, during the last Songsom 6-Red tournament in Bangkok, I was hearing players talking about "Shaft" quality (most talked about - matured, flex, age, etc.), then Tip size, and Balance (forward, mid, or butt), with very little on the butt designs
                          It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
                            That is why, during the last Songsom 6-Red tournament in Bangkok, I was hearing players talking about "Shaft" quality (most talked about - matured, flex, age, etc.), then Tip size, and Balance (forward, mid, or butt), with very little on the butt designs
                            Which one is you in your avatar?
                            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Which one is you in your avatar?
                              The person that the girls are looking at. I cut my part off. Beauties and the Beast (kidding. they are my niece's friends - i was forced to put their pictures up, from time to time )
                              It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by Fisherboi View Post
                                Haha... The "SEXY" badge is custom by me.
                                Wana be kinda kinky ya know.
                                Frank speaking, the workmanship is ok for the price offer.
                                When I first custom make this cue, I was worry about the joint part as the wood grain must meet nicely to the arrows. Hmm... I'm not disappionted after this cue arrived to her daddy--> ME
                                The cue met my spect given, 19oz, 58", 10mm tip etc...

Only things is the finishes at the butt area.
                                I'm having sweaty plums, so the buff finishes kinda fade. Check out the pic:

Tried using wax to polish, helps a little. But comes back after a few games.

Beside this issue... Yup, still like the cue. (I'm not a really fussy person ya)

As for the shaft, depends how you like you game to be?
                                I preferred hard stiff shaft, requested and they give me
                                If you prefer your shaft to be abit softer, better to apply more spin on the cue ball, you can request them. I believe they will assist you

Happy potting >_<"'
                                Happy Potting >_<"'
                                That finish looks bad

We had a guy here in south africa who used to make and repair cue and his work was second to none. That is if we could get him when he was sober or not high. Pity

He did some marvelous work for me in the past. His name was Colin Kemp. and none of his work ever finshed of like that. I have not seen or heard anything of him in the last 8 years. He could have been really rich but i guess with his habits easy come easy go. I have a cue that he has customised for me and in the next few days I will post it here. Definately not that kind of finish.

Comment

Working...
                                X