Butt Designs - Comments Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butt Designs - Comments Please

These are made by a Thai Professional Cuemaker (Mr. Jim), not well known as Omin or Mastercue, but I heard that his cues are good in quality (balancing, woods used, and craftmanship). Not using exotic woods in most cues, and photography is poor. What's your comment on the butt design (reversed splices) etc ?
    Last edited by unclevit; 6 January 2010, 12:34 AM.
    It's in the Shaft

Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
    These are made by a Thai Professional Cuemaker (Mr. Jim), not well known as Omin or Mastercue, but I heard that his cues are good in quality (balancing, woods used, and craftmanship). What's your comment on the butt design (reversed splices) etc ?
    Nice, shame the badges are wonky
    sigpic <---New Website
    Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post
      Nice, shame the badges are wonky
      Tks for comment. Totally agree on the badge. Looking ackward
      It's in the Shaft

Comment

Different, but a bit too fancy for my liking.

Comment

Reverse splices

Can't warm up to the reverse splices at all, just not my cup of tea.

Wayne G.
          The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Unclevit. Have you tried out Mr Jims cues. How do they rate with respect to omin and mastercue

Comment

Is the concept came from Trevor White?
              "要有非凡既生活就要有非凡既付出"
              it means
              "If u want to have a extraordinary life,u must have a extraordinary devote"

Comment

i dont like any of them.

Comment

All that colour on the reverse splices is a little bit over the top for me, however I would definitely like to know how the hit of these cues compares with an O'min, which I have tried 3 of and liked 2 of them.

Also, what's the pricing delivered to UK? or in my case Canada?

Terry
                  Terry Davidson
                  IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Could he do the reverse points on a one piece cue?
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
                      Can't warm up to the reverse splices at all, just not my cup of tea.

Wayne G.
                      Me neither..
                      "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

cues look good. ok designs wont suit everyone but yea, they look good.

Comment

A couple of them dont look too bad but the rest are just nasty looking.

During the IBSF World Championships in Thailand a couple of years ago there were three stands, Mastercue, O'Min and Zen Cues.

Any info on this make? He was a likeable fella but spoke with an strange Thai/Amercian accent and apparently was everyone's friend. Gave stuff away free or for half nothing , Polo Shirt, Tips, Cases.

Is the company still going and are the cues any good?

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
                            Unclevit. Have you tried out Mr Jims cues. How do they rate with respect to omin and mastercue
                            sanman : Some says the work is good, and as good for tournament grade. I am talking to him this weekend (some 40 kms. from my residence). May order one as I heard that he is quite flexible on cost, and offers a 'try-before-buy' though custom order
                            It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
                              cues look good. ok designs wont suit everyone but yea, they look good.
                              thai_son22 : Tks for comment. I think I will just have a few made and then keep into my collections. May cause a 'dizzy' when playing
                              It's in the Shaft

Comment

Working...
                              X