Faded lettering on my Hunt & O'Byrne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faded lettering on my Hunt & O'Byrne

My cue is around 16 years old now and like the title of this thread states the makers name has virtually faded away on the badge of the cue.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so is there anything i can do about it ie fill in the lettering somehow?
    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Originally Posted by spike View Post
    My cue is around 16 years old now and like the title of this thread states the makers name has virtually faded away on the badge of the cue.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so is there anything i can do about it ie fill in the lettering somehow?
    i had a hunt & o'byrne cue about 15 years ago and the makers name faded away completely.

Comment

The name faded off my Welshpool actually. I'm not too fussed but i thought about getting a fine tipped black permanant marker and being really really careful lol.
      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
        i thought about getting a fine tipped black permanant marker and being really really careful lol.
        think i may end up doing that myself..

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Is the badge not one of those where the writing is covered by a transparent plastic layer?

If so it will be difficult to color it again....
          I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

Originally Posted by ChatLag View Post
            Is the badge not one of those where the writing is covered by a transparent plastic layer?

If so it will be difficult to color it again....
            i used a fine tipped pen not permanent marker pen but within a couple of days it faded away again..

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Spike, if it is a genuine old Hunt & O'Byrne cue then take or send it to Will Hunt as he has some original old badges. As long as he is convinced that it is genuine then he will replace your faded badge.

Oldgit
              'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
                Spike, if it is a genuine old Hunt & O'Byrne cue then take or send it to Will Hunt as he has some original old badges. As long as he is convinced that it is genuine then he will replace your faded badge.

Oldgit
                thanks oldgit.

Do you have an email address or something that i can get in touch with him directly?

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Just get in touch through the Hunt & Osbourne website.......either email or telephone. If you haven't seen the website just 'google' it.....

Oldgit
                  'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

thanks oldgit.

Do you have an email address or something that i can get in touch with him directly?
                    http://www.robertosbornecues.com/uk/

Comment

Just get in touch through the Hunt & Osbourne website.......either email or telephone. If you haven't seen the website just 'google' it.....

Oldgit
                      Just gave them a call and Will is on Holiday. Spoke to Robert instead but he told me they have no old badges anymore just the Hunt & Osbourne's.

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Just gave them a call and Will is on Holiday. Spoke to Robert instead but he told me they have no old badges anymore just the Hunt & Osbourne's.
                        Sorry to hear that mate.....I took an old black plate hunt & obyrne cue there last year and Will changed the badge for me. He also changed the badge on a green badge cue that I had. Must have just had a few left.....

Oldgit
                        'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Sorry to hear that mate.....I took an old black plate hunt & obyrne cue there last year and Will changed the badge for me. He also changed the badge on a green badge cue that I had. Must have just had a few left.....

Oldgit
                          No problem, thanks for your help anyway i appreciate it..

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

The "standard" way to color the writing on a badge is to put some laquer on the badge to fill the writing.
                            Wipe off the exceeding laquer as long as it has not dried. Only in the engraved writing the laquer should remain.

I do not know if it helps....

Comment

Originally Posted by ChatLag View Post
                              The "standard" way to color the writing on a badge is to put some laquer on the badge to fill the writing.
                              Wipe off the exceeding laquer as long as it has not dried. Only in the engraved writing the laquer should remain.

I do not know if it helps....
                              Okay i may try that..

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Working...
                              X