Clear All

• TW Splicings

pls tell me ,what is this Splicing?ths

Isn't that just cocobolo?
    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
      Isn't that just cocobolo?
      i have a cocobolo mini (TW) looks...not so red....

Comment

i think you can get different shades of cocbolo some more figured than others also it may be that the butt of a cue is finished better than a mini butt ??? im sure ADR147 or somone can clarify
        http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

Some cocobolo I have seen are truly amazing with very extraordinary grains and figures; the tone of the wood is so orangnish that it looks almost glowing.

I persoanlly believe curly maple and cocobolo look better with a nice layer of varnish than a matte finish. The finish just brings out a new dimension--the wood appears to have more depth under the light.
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

How come Keithinfrance hasn't post to this thread yet?!
            Where are you mate?
            Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

Cocobolo with thick maple veneer.
              This pic was posted in previous postings, and I must say it is the most beautiful cue I have ever seen.

Comment

Originally Posted by Asi View Post
                How come Keithinfrance hasn't post to this thread yet?!
                Where are you mate?
                http://files.vandeweyerstudios.be/tw/

Comment

Beatutiful cue... love the red wood. Is cocobolo a heavy or light wood, does anyone know?

Comment

Cocobolo is quite a dense wood. Some cues are made with cocobolo as their main butt splices.
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Is it denser than Snakewood? Does anyone know which exotic woods used in cue-making are the least dense and which are the most dense? I'm after an 18oz cue, but am told that having 4 splices in a dense wood would shift the weight above that target, which is not suitable for me. Thanks in advance...

Comment

Cocobolo is one of the densest woods you can get, and also one of a few woods that will sink in water. Cocobolo and Ebony have about the same density, whereas woods like maple and tulipwood have a lower density. Google wood densities and you will find a few charts that explains in more depth.
                        sigpic <---New Website
                        Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

Originally Posted by senny168 View Post
                          Is it denser than Snakewood? Does anyone know which exotic woods used in cue-making are the least dense and which are the most dense? I'm after an 18oz cue, but am told that having 4 splices in a dense wood would shift the weight above that target, which is not suitable for me. Thanks in advance...
                          I dont think 18oz should be a problem with 4 cocobolo secondary splices. I mean if a cue can be made with just 4 ebony splices at 18oz, why can't it be made with 4 ebony with 4 cocobolo secondary splices at 18oz?
                          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                          X