Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to store a cue?

Hello everyone,
    as above, what is the best way to store a snooker cue?

At the snooker clubs I have been in all the cues are stored vertically in circular tubecases. Is this the best way?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Originally Posted by haz_pro View Post
    Hello everyone,
    as above, what is the best way to store a snooker cue?

At the snooker clubs I have been in all the cues are stored vertically in circular tubecases. Is this the best way?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
    In its case
    It's in the Shaft

Comment

I dont think theres anything wrong in storing them that way but most people prefer to use Hard cue cases either in Metal or Leather for storing their cues... hope it helps

Comment

Should it be stored vertically in it's case or horizontally? Does it matter?

Comment

Nah , it doesnt make any difference in my opinion .

good luck with your snooker

Comment

I've always stored my cue by hanging it with a rubber cue hanger.

http://www.poolndarts.com/p-4973-Cue-Hanger/

I've heard they will never warp this way... it made sense to me so I followed it.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ram p; 7 August 2009, 07:55 AM.

Comment

I have seen cue warp even though it has been stored in a case. It may have more to do with the cue than the case I think. Of course, if you put the case in some ridiculous places then your cue will warp.
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Totally flat or totally vertical in its case Makes no difference really. Just dont lean it against a wall at an angle.
                sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
                  Totally flat or totally vertical in its case Makes no difference really. Just dont lean it against a wall at an angle.
                  I put mine in its alluminium case! Then i lean it against the wall in the cupboard! It was as straight as a die when i got it, and it remains so.

Sadly all this talk about suspending it in the air is just a sales gimmick! as i have just proven! Sorry folks. :snooker: :snooker: :snooker:
                  Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
                  https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

I was going to add a note about different kinds of cases but i was feeling a little lazy at the time.

Theoretically a good quality aluminium case should fully support your cue and any angle however be careful with leather, leatherette or wooden cases as wooden frames of such can warp in just the same way as your cue if you are not careful.

As I have a wooden case I lay mine flat
                    Wouldn't buy one of those cue hangers though, don't see te point.
                    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

thanks for all the answers guys

Comment

I guess you can put yours in an umbrella rack (the kind with a lot of squares on the upper shelf and just a solid big rectangle on the bottom shelf for many umbrellas) if you dont like to put it in a case. It can stand quite straight without much sideway forces applied to the shaft.
                        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                        X