Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what cue tips do the pros use?

hello guys,

im nick and i would like to ask u all what kind of tips do the professionals use.arethey using just the normal brunswick blue diamons or cue manufacturer's custom made tip?i heard there are expensive tips costing 20 pounds per tip>and 1 more question,do the domeness of the tip matter when shotmaking? as like if my tip is more mushroomer than before will i have a more dramatic effect on the cueball?

thanks

not sure any are using blue diamonds now. look around the site the info is all on here.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Q1 - They vary, Elkmasters are very common, and also talisman tips have become more popular. There are probably other tips.

Q2 - shouldn't make much difference. A mushroomed tip on a 9.5mm ferrule would obviously be bigger than a tip flush with the 9.5mm ferrule, so center ball striking would be better i suppose.

Comment

thanks, so what tips do you all use? or what tips can you recommend? i've been using blue diamonds,but after a while it flattens and i find it hard to screw.i wonder if there are any good tips out there worth trying

Comment

read my tip guide mate.

Comment

Originally Posted by nicklaus21 View Post
            i've been using blue diamonds, but after a while it flattens and i find it hard to screw.
            If you would like to try a tip that lasts for a long time and keeps its shape, then laminated tips like talisman and MW supertips are good.

Comment

You may like to try kamui(Soft or medium soft) or moori(Soft or Medium) for a change.
              It cost alot more than the regular tip but it is definately worth the price.
              They will usually hold shape unlike blue diamond or elkmaster.

A cheaper version will be the Omin laminated tip or mastercue tip, both feels like well clamped tip in my opinion.

Comment

=o)

Noel
                Last edited by noel; 22 March 2010, 03:49 PM.

Comment

In the 80s loads of pros used blue diamond tips. They used to be softer than they are today. Today Elkmaster is the most popular.

Comment

Elkmaster tips are a hit and miss at the best of times. Out of a box of 50 I would consider at least half to be sub-par. Keeping this in mind I am not certain if I lucked onto a good one. For the last few months I have been using what is known as a milk-dud tip. All I did was soak an EM in milk for 24 hours and then put it in a vise and compressed it for another 24. I haven’t be playing near the amount I usually do, but the tip has shown very little wear. It feels like the best EM I have ever used, but again, I could be just lucky. Once this tip is due to change I will try another to see how it feels. If things work out, it will be hard to return to the Talisman.

Mike

Comment

Originally Posted by nicklaus21 View Post
                      hello guys,

im nick and i would like to ask u all what kind of tips do the professionals use.arethey using just the normal brunswick blue diamons or cue manufacturer's custom made tip?i heard there are expensive tips costing 20 pounds per tip>and 1 more question,do the domeness of the tip matter when shotmaking? as like if my tip is more mushroomer than before will i have a more dramatic effect on the cueball?

thanks
                      Recently I bought 3 tips from ADR147. The Buffalo ones (Tks ADR147 for sending me 4 ). They are good stuff. Recommended
                      It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
                        Recently I bought 3 tips from ADR147. The Buffalo ones (Tks ADR147 for sending me 4 ). They are good stuff. Recommended
                        yes they are good - i have one on my pool cue just now - like a blue diamond used to be - for those that have not seen them they are made by tweetens who make the elkmasters just a lot more expensive!

Comment

I know for sure Mark selby,Ronnie O Sullivan,John Higgins,Ricky Walden & Stuart Bingham use talisman tips.But there are lot of professionals who use elkmaster like Peter Ebdon,Stephen Hendry,Steve davis and several others.Some players also use woolridge super tips like Joe Perry.
                          My deep screw shot
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

Originally Posted by sunny3909 View Post
                            I know for sure Mark selby,Ronnie O Sullivan,John Higgins,Ricky Walden & Stuart Bingham use talisman tips.But there are lot of professionals who use elkmaster like Peter Ebdon,Stephen Hendry,Steve davis and several others.Some players also use woolridge super tips like Joe Perry.
                            stuart bingham uses a wooldridge and steve davis uses a talisman.

Comment

have any of you tried "pig-skin" tips? apparently they are meant to be quite good but quite expensive as well, around 7quid for one?

Comment

Working...
                              X