JX cues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JX cues...

know in the past that they have had a bad name on here BUT...

i bought one a week ago, used it first time tonight, tip, weighting and the extensions were all perfectly matched for it ) bloody loved it...

best bit is i paid £80 on ebay for it, the case alone with it is worth £40...

dont knock them til you tried them is all i will say i like it others might too...

I got some JX and MYX (same factory), and the quality is really better now, straight shafts with nice butt finishing.

If you dont tell someone that its mass-made on china he will like it alot like english-made ones.:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
      know in the past that they have had a bad name on here BUT...

i bought one a week ago, used it first time tonight, tip, weighting and the extensions were all perfectly matched for it ) bloody loved it...

best bit is i paid £80 on ebay for it, the case alone with it is worth £40...

dont knock them til you tried them is all i will say i like it others might too...
      andy : If you look back, I was once talking about this JX cue that I paid, full set, some P.30 London delivered. And it plays good, now with the other kid. My worry is only on the 'durability' of the shaft, the dia. of the butt which seems 'too big', their finish at the butt joint end that seems 'no lacquered' at all. Yes, it's worth the money spent. This is all from my own experience too. If they can improve more on shaft quality, and finish of the butt, selling below P.100 for the whole set (alu case,mini, extension, 3/4 cue) they will have a large beginners market. Still, at the end of the day, I love my Thai cues more
      It's in the Shaft

Comment

Good to know that JX make better cues now but i'll still go for a reputed company

Comment

Originally Posted by mazur View Post
          I got some JX and MYX (same factory), and the quality is really better now, straight shafts with nice butt finishing.

If you dont tell someone that its mass-made on china he will like it alot like english-made ones.:snooker:
          the one thing i like on mine is on the splicing, there is a bit of roughness but that is hel;ping me hold the cue a bit better, I was offered £150 for the cue straight off lat night after letting a better than me player have a few shots with it (and i said no!!!! - and that wasnt including the aluminium case too!!!)

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
            the one thing i like on mine is on the splicing, there is a bit of roughness but that is hel;ping me hold the cue a bit better, I was offered £150 for the cue straight off lat night after letting a better than me player have a few shots with it (and i said no!!!! - and that wasnt including the aluminium case too!!!)
            You should have sold it mate & got yourself another..........lol

Comment

Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
              andy : If you look back, I was once talking about this JX cue that I paid, full set, some P.30 London delivered. And it plays good, now with the other kid. My worry is only on the 'durability' of the shaft, the dia. of the butt which seems 'too big', their finish at the butt joint end that seems 'no lacquered' at all. Yes, it's worth the money spent. This is all from my own experience too. If they can improve more on shaft quality, and finish of the butt, selling below P.100 for the whole set (alu case,mini, extension, 3/4 cue) they will have a large beginners market. Still, at the end of the day, I love my Thai cues more
              So, you like a cue with a lacquered butt?
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                So, you like a cue with a lacquered butt?
                poolqjunkie : Yes, clear/dull spray, it's just don't matter to me, as long as it has a good 'finish' look on it
                It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
                  You should have sold it mate & got yourself another..........lol
                  nah, it just feels "right" using it, though maybe if he offered £200 i might have considered it

Comment

I still think you can get good and bad ones and have recently seen some right ropey looking ones for sale, but I would say they can be a good buy for say anything up to 50 pounds. More than that seems overpiced though.
                    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Deroo snooker cues have lacquered butt but cannot be cheap

Comment

Originally Posted by mchpddl1 View Post
                        Deroo snooker cues have lacquered butt but cannot be cheap
                        mchpddl1 :
                        1. If u have picture of Deroo cues, appreciate if you can show one here. I collect modern cues.
                        2. I have seen Trevor White with lacquer butt, very shinning too. Spray type not brush type.
                        It's in the Shaft

Comment

I do not believe Trevor White has a spray booth.
                          As far as I know, of all the "high end" snooker makers, Kevin Deroo is the only one who puts varnish on his cue butts, but it only covers the butt end, like an American pool cue--his is not the norm, but rather an exception.
                          Does Omin also use varnish on their high end models? I thought they only use that on the lower ends.
                          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                            I do not believe Trevor White has a spray booth.
                            As far as I know, of all the "high end" snooker makers, Kevin Deroo is the only one who puts varnish on his cue butts, but it only covers the butt end, like an American pool cue--his is not the norm, but rather an exception.
                            Does Omin also use varnish on their high end models? I thought they only use that on the lower ends.
                            Perhaps my language is wrong But what you call this 'shinning' property per picture attached (that I got from this forum lately) ? (Omin, M/C, or Jim, all offers this type of 'shinning' property in many of their verions)
                            Last edited by unclevit; 6 January 2010, 12:34 AM.
                            It's in the Shaft

Comment

A friend of mine recently picked one up for about £40 and although its not a top class the most important part of it, the shaft, is actually very good for the price. Its got a nice spring to it and plenty of zip and tbh he couldn't have got a better quality playing cue for the money. In fact I've seen £150+ cues with worse shafts and being completely lifeless. As with any cues though whatever you buy can be a gamble and more so in the budget end of the market. However if you are able to try out a JX cue you might just be in for a pleasant surprise, so long as you aren't expecting perfect splicing and veneer work the best quality materials. But hey if its a good player then what is better, a £200 cue with perfect splicing and looks great but plays average, or a £50 cue that might not look perfect but players very well!

Comment

Working...
                              X