JX cues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
    Perhaps my language is wrong But what you call this 'shinning' property per picture attached (that I got from this forum lately) ? (Omin, M/C, or Jim, all offers this type of 'shinning' property in many of their verions)
    i think that photos been took just after he's oiled the cue thats why it looks so shiny trevor does not varnish is cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
      i think that photos been took just after he's oiled the cue thats why it looks so shiny trevor does not varnish is cues.
      ok. over and out.
      It's in the Shaft

Comment

I think they look okay for the price (around 50 pounds).

Brother 4 on the forum is the expert on good Chinese made cues.
        Last edited by poolqjunkie; 15 August 2009, 11:02 AM.
        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

well since i got it and got rid of my 2 year old bog standard riley 2 piece my average frame score has risen by 20 odd, and playing a lot more consistent with it

Comment

personally, i think theyre just excellent value for money. i myself, own 2 MYX cues, and i wouldnt trade them for anything. ones a 8.5 mm tip one i use for pool, n the other ones a 9mm tip one i use for snooker. i actually showed a good players in my local pool hall, and they were very surprised at how much i got it for. im more than happy with it =]

dont get me wrong, i myself am saving up for an o-min cue, or sumthin a bit better, but having only played for 2 yrs, i think its a great cue for beginners. i picked both of the myx cues up for about 120 a piece, with case and extensions.

Comment

Originally Posted by BoBnoGG!n View Post
              personally, i think theyre just excellent value for money. i myself, own 2 MYX cues, and i wouldnt trade them for anything. ones a 8.5 mm tip one i use for pool, n the other ones a 9mm tip one i use for snooker. i actually showed a good players in my local pool hall, and they were very surprised at how much i got it for. im more than happy with it =]

dont get me wrong, i myself am saving up for an o-min cue, or sumthin a bit better, but having only played for 2 yrs, i think its a great cue for beginners. i picked both of the myx cues up for about 120 a piece, with case and extensions.
              120 pounds a piece is too much in my perfectly honest opinion. you could have easily bought a Carftsman/Mastercue/Welsh Pool Trading cue for that kind of price

Comment

Originally Posted by samad View Post
                120 pounds a piece is too much in my perfectly honest opinion. you could have easily bought a Carftsman/Mastercue/Welsh Pool Trading cue for that kind of price
                oh sorry, i meant 120 AUS. so about 60 GBP at the time. like i said, i havnt been playing much so spending that much on a cue for me at the time is a bit extreme, but i like wat i got. beats using random half cues that sell for 150 AUS that arent even matching grain. shops around here in australia sell horrible quality stuff for the price

Comment

Originally Posted by BoBnoGG!n View Post
                  oh sorry, i meant 120 AUS. so about 60 GBP at the time. like i said, i havnt been playing much so spending that much on a cue for me at the time is a bit extreme, but i like wat i got. beats using random half cues that sell for 150 AUS that arent even matching grain. shops around here in australia sell horrible quality stuff for the price
                  I think 60 is a fair price for them. Yes you can get them for 20 odd quid but I've seen quite a few and I always think the seller might take a little more care to give you a better one if you pay the fair price.

Take a look at Welshpool Trading if you are looking to upgrade. Paul has a few cues for 125 plus shipping on ebay atm.
                  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UK-HANDMADE-SN...d=p3911.c0.m14
                  sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
                    I think 60 is a fair price for them. Yes you can get them for 20 odd quid but I've seen quite a few and I always think the seller might take a little more care to give you a better one if you pay the fair price.

Take a look at Welshpool Trading if you are looking to upgrade. Paul has a few cues for 125 plus shipping on ebay atm.
                    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UK-HANDMADE-SN...d=p3911.c0.m14
                    oh awesome! thanks

yeh, in general, i think im done with ebay. im thinking probably, using the cue im using now for a while. maybe, a few yrs, before i get a good cue. it works, fine, i love the weight, and im getting better! ive been playing snooker league for a month now, and during practise, i managed a break of 34! so im quite happy wanna get to 50, then build it more n more :P hopefully do a century break in a few yrs time haha

going from 8 ball pool to snooker is hard tho haha such a different game! lol

Comment

Working...
                    X