My new workshop - A new beginning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by crispian jones View Post
    Hi mike as you know im in the middle of my new workshop (playroom) and after spending 3 months and over £15,000 i am still nowhere near done !
    how about sending your crew up to north wales for a "60 miunit makeover"
    ha ha !
    i have contacted the BBC and they are only to happy to suply the film crew and you might get a special JP 30 min primetime slot. he he
    lmao! i'm only just getting over the trauma of finishing mine!

dan's one was a fun project, a break from my work here. me and the boys enjoyed it and the challenge of doing it all in one day. great achievement i think.

i wouldnt want to do it again though. box ticked, move on...

£15k? bloody nightmare aint it? costs just escalate ridiculously...
    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

great picts Dan wich you luck in your new initiative
      Winner of crucible 77's 2008 Jiangsu Classic Fantasy Snooker Game
      Winner of 2009 China Open Prediction Contest

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
        lmao! i'm only just getting over the trauma of finishing mine!

dan's one was a fun project, a break from my work here. me and the boys enjoyed it and the challenge of doing it all in one day. great achievement i think.

i wouldnt want to do it again though. box ticked, move on...

£15k? bloody nightmare aint it? costs just escalate ridiculously...
        i keep telling the misses its a workshop, but when my new table arrives she will have a few questions im sure !
        never mind its getting there now, so hopefully i can budget a bit better from here on in.

Comment

Originally Posted by crispian jones View Post
          i keep telling the misses its a workshop, but when my new table arrives she will have a few questions im sure !
          never mind its getting there now, so hopefully i can budget a bit better from here on in.
          but surely you need a table in there so you can test the cues through the process of making them eh???

i mean, it would be just wrong to try cueing on a box or something, only a table and the baize can give you the right feel to test them out i would think

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
            but surely you need a table in there so you can test the cues through the process of making them eh???

i mean, it would be just wrong to try cueing on a box or something, only a table and the baize can give you the right feel to test them out i would think
            Not an excuse i can use im afraid, as ive never made a cue b4 !
            But i do seem to buy a new cue every few months so geuss your right in a way.

Comment

well done dan and yes i envy you lol ... will buzz ya soon been very busy of late
              http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

Originally Posted by trigger666 View Post
                well done dan and yes i envy you lol ... will buzz ya soon been very busy of late
                Look forward to it mate. Got alot to chin wag about
                sigpic <---New Website
                Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

I m eagerly looking forward to the completion of the cues.

Comment

Congratulations totlxtc on setting up the workshop and to you too Mike for all the effort you went to.

It got me thinking how lucky some people are to be able to follow their dreams and passions.
                    My father passed away last year and underneath his home he has a large workshop with Lathe, bandsaw etc all just sitting there not being used. Wood is not really my strong point, I am more a steel type of guy and enjoy fabricating and welding so I would not use this area.

I don't even know anyone who would be interested in using the area and with Public Liability these days you would have to be careful who you did let use it.

I don't know, I guess I just might have to sell it all off which is a bit sad really.
                    It would be nice too be able to give someone keen an opportunity.

Comment

Fantastic you've actually decided to bite the bullet and do something you really wanted to do!

I've thought about doing it several times over the years, but could never justify the expense. Maybe one day...
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Old cue collector --
                      Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                      (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Progress...

Well i have been messing about with old cues and now ive bitten the bullet. Just started on the all 100% Dan Shelton handmade cue.....and its a daunting task but a very, very, very enjoyable one. Yes, it might go wrong. But im gonna give it my all

Ok so here are a few pics of my first butt (No pun intended), and yes, its alot of members favorite wood. More will follow to show the progress of DS/01:

sigpic <---New Website

Comment

am actaully liking the look of that butt even without any spliicing on there....

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
                            am actaully liking the look of that butt even without any spliicing on there....
                            There will be no splicing added as i think the coco speaks for itself. Shaft is very, very light coloured medium to stiff ash with 5 even chevrons and one closer to the last one by about 15mm and straight side grain.
                            sigpic <---New Website

Comment

Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post
                              There will be no splicing added as i think the coco speaks for itself. Shaft is very, very light coloured medium to stiff ash with 5 even chevrons and one closer to the last one by about 15mm and straight side grain.
                              aye, its bloody lovely that is, just wish mine was all coco and not spliced with ebony.....

Comment

Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post
                                That really waters my mouth... It will look fantastic with this butt.
                                I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

Working...
                                X