Tony Glover Cues is for real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Glover Cues is for real?

This is my correspondence with Glover Cues:. Can't wait for the cue to be made.

Hi GLOVER CUES,

OK, what I want is a long Cue at 60". Nicely tapered in good quality white maple, do you have?.

31mm-slow taper Tulip-wood butt spliced to 20" and the tip 9.5mm

Would you like to make this?

Kind regards
    Jason

Hi
    Yes i can make this cue for you i have some lovely white maple and beautiful tulipwood.
    The cue will take about 8 to 10 weeks to make and will cost £300
    Please let me know if you are interested
    Regards Tony

Hi Tony,

Whats the (A) grading of your maple?

Plus if I sent you snake or African black to use on the butt-splice, that's cool with you?

Rgds
    Jason

Hi Jason
    The maple i use is the best you can get real good top quality. the dims seem fine, no problem if you want to send me any woods you like.
    Tony

Hi Tony,

Good to hear you have top maple.. When you say top, would that be hard straight grained AAA?

Jason

Hi Jason
    Yes

OK,

Iv sent you wood, x2 blocks 1.5"x1.5"x18"

to:

Ship to tony glover

GLOVER CUES UNIT6
    FURNACE LANE
    MOIRA SWADLINCOTE DE12 6AT
    UK United Kingdom
    01283 550551

Regards
    Jason

i iwsh after all this time i knew what AAA wood was
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

it the wood that is in AA longer and gets the other A = AAA , (alco joke)

Comment

isnt AA and AAA wood not just down to battery size??

Comment

What is the point of this thread?

Comment

I wonder if our canadian counterparts, pooljunkie or Noel could shed some light on what makes top notch maple?

I like the feel of my maple wooldridge but it certainly isn't 'straight grained'. I do think it's well seasoned though of good density and it seems to have a softer hit without being whippy, letting me make better contact with the cue ball than most new maple cues.
            Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
              I wonder if our canadian counterparts, pooljunkie or Noel could shed some light on what makes top notch maple?

I like the feel of my maple wooldridge but it certainly isn't 'straight grained'. I do think it's well seasoned though of good density and it seems to have a softer hit without being whippy, letting me make better contact with the cue ball than most new maple cues.
              Maple is not judged by whether it is "straight grains" or not in my opinion.
              Most people like very white maple with no brown blemishes, but that is cosmetic.
              Some people prefer the "grains" to be very tight.
              For me, I like my maple dense. A light piece of maple just does not do it for me I dont care if it is snow white.
              The way the maple is kiln and whether it is bleached and so on can affect the "whiteness" of the maple.
              I personally think the denisty is the key.
              But light maple can give a very responsive hit, and sometimes better feedback than very heavy pieces, so it is not always the heavier the better. Some heavy maple feel very "dead."
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
              X