Chevrons? Where and when

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevrons? Where and when

This has been bugging me now for a long time. I know arrows/chevrons make no difference on the playability of a cue. But what i have noticed is most if not all the old cues i have seen have the side grain facing up, or facing any direction. So this makes me think at what point did cues start having the "chevron up" preference? Was it a famous players choice that was copied? A company/makers choice?
    sigpic <---New Website
    Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

On this Burwat Champion cue on E Bay item no 160355490979 the chevrons go the 'wrong way' in my opinion, but its going for a good price! so is it just a case of being brainwashed into expecting all cues to be the same ???

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      On this Burwat Champion cue on E Bay item no 160355490979 the chevrons go the 'wrong way' in my opinion, but its going for a good price! so is it just a case of being brainwashed into expecting all cues to be the same ???
      I think you may well be right. Is it down to fashion?

Higgins uses his cue with arrows facing butt and not tip. Guess its all preference. But what id be interested to know is who 1st used chevron up, or who started making theirs that way.
      sigpic <---New Website
      Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

i reckon it all started-when i dont know-when a cue maker who cared about his work found he had made such a beautiful shaft with arrows/chevrons being equal,sharp piont and equal spaced that he felt the best way of displaying them was to have them on top of the cue i.e. in line with the flat.a fashion, if you want to call it that ,which is now expected on all top quality cues.so started by a craftsman proud of his work

Comment

Working...
        X