No announcement yet.

new cue for this season for Ronnie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was simply unbelievable when he played Marco. He was potting all the tough shots from the cushion, with his left hand, and so on, with seemingly no effort at all!
    If he keeps that form no one can beat him, and that is with a cue he is not 100% happy with.
    I agree if he does not like the cue then it is not good enough for him, no matter what others might think.
    The question is: does he really know what he likes in a cue? Has he ever had one that feels "just perfect?"
    May be he is one of those players who cannot articulate what he likes and never really has a cue that feels 100% right in his hand, so he needs to keep trying out cues after cues hoping he would hit the holy grail one day. But even if he comes across such a cue--if he happens to be really "off" he may still discount it as not good enough.
    I find it quite funny when he said in the interview that he could not figure out why it took so long for them to send him a cue.
    Last edited by poolqjunkie; 8 September 2009, 07:50 PM.
    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
      He was simply unbelievable when he played Marco. He was potting all the tough shots from the cushion, with his left hand, and so on, with seemingly no effort at all!
      If he keeps that form no one can beat him, and that is with a cue he is not 100% happy with.
      I agree if he does not like the cue then it is not good enough for him, no matter what others might think.
      The question is: does he really know what he likes in a cue? Has he ever had one that feels "just perfect?"
      May be he is one of those players who cannot articulate what he likes and never really has a cue that feels 100% right in his hand, so he needs to keep trying out cues after cues hoping he would hit the holy grail one day. But even if he comes across such a cue--if he happens to be really "off" he may still discount it as not good enough.
      I find it quite funny when he said in the interview that he could not figure out why it took so long for them to send him a cue.
      In the past he has got the same cue for quite long periods and when fans asked him about what he wanted from a cue he was able enough to answer that in length (by his standards!) Now there's the feeling and that can be hard to translate into words...
      Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
      http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

For God's sake, someone send the man a Trevor White and be done with it!

=o|

Noel

Comment

Originally Posted by Monique View Post
          In the past he has got the same cue for quite long periods and when fans asked him about what he wanted from a cue he was able enough to answer that in length (by his standards!) Now there's the feeling and that can be hard to translate into words...
          Thanks Monique.
          So what happened to that cue (is that the JP traditional), did he just change his preference and not like it anymore?
          Correct me if I am wrong but he used to play with a Burwat and then has been using Jp for a long time, although it is not always the same cue, is that right?
          I wonder what prompt him to change to a RO?
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Pooljunkie, your guess is as good as mine ...

One thing about Ronnie is that when things don't go right (in his perception), very often his way to deal with it is "clean the slate, take a fresh start ..." (*)

That's a pattern with him. But does it apply here? I honestly don't know.

(*) that's BTW what triggers most of his frames concessions. The feeling that he's not gonna win this anyway and that it's better to just start over with a new one. Don't get me wrong: this not an attempt to defend this attitude, just an explanation of what is going on.
            Last edited by Monique; 8 September 2009, 08:24 PM.
            Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
            http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

Originally Posted by Monique View Post
              Pooljunkie, your guess is as good as mine ...

One thing about Ronnie is that when things don't go right (in his perception), very often his way to deal with it is "clean the slate, take a fresh start ..." (*)

That's a pattern with him. But does it apply here? I honestly don't know.

(*) that's BTW what triggers most of his frames concessions. The feeling that he's not gonna win this anyway and that it's better to just start over with a new one. Don't get me wrong: this not an attempt to defend this attitude, just an explanation of what is going on.
              Yes, I think perhaps he is such a perfectionist that he cannot stand his level of play even though it may seem alright to the rest of us, and he is hoping he can do better with the help of a new cue, or with using his left hand, or whatever.

We will see what happens to him in China, if he keeps that amazing form he had when he played Marco he would be very hard to beat.
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

after the match with Dott this afternoon(Beijing time), does anyone know what cue Ronnie's using?
                Like a rolling egg.:snooker:

Comment

Mr.Osborne told me on phone:Hunt&Osborne greenplate,four splices of olivewood,58",medium stuff

Comment

So Ronnie picked the cue off the rack,I am sure there must be something custom made coming for ronnie in coming days.
                    My deep screw shot
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr.Osborne told me on phone:Hunt&Osborne greenplate,four splices of olivewood,58",medium stuff

He did nt pick it off the rack cause i was in the shop and used it myself, and Osbourne only had 5 cues in the whole Shop/workshop in total!!! They are so busy and in demand thats all they had, took them to Ronnie and he picked a couple after a knock or two!

Comment

He apparentley prefers the old Burwat look hense always has the JP traditional style, with the maple splice. I would bet money his next cue is in thiat style but would be suprised if its a JP! not that it really matters lol

Comment

Working...
                        X