robin cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robin cook

just bought a robin cook cue , its only 54 inch but it seems ok for me , i paid 80 for it , its ash beautifully made and i have to say a lovely badge on the bottom,2 diff woods on bottom, now question is was it werth the 80 it was for me as i like it but was it over priced, next it is ok lenghth but wen i need to reach over it comes slightly hard to play do you think i should put mini butt on or get it extended ?but fotr all other shots its awesome
    how do you know wat generatin it is age etc, wats his badges like

if you like it and play well with a cue i wouldnt care what to pay.... a good cue you feel right with to play a game, is priceless imo

Comment

If its a good cue 80 is good value. Does the "lovely badge" have a Robin on it?

Post pics and I'm sure somebody could tell you more about the woods etc.

Heres Robins web site http://www.robincues.co.uk/
      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

ill post piccies tomorrow mate , but yer its got a little robin on it mate

Comment

Should be one of Robins then and at 80 quid you got a good price! I really love that Robin badge! You could send it to Robin to have a mini butt join put in.
          sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

unsure till i get use to it , its either extend and minibutt or just minibutt
            played ok with it tonight so pleased with that :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by epons300 View Post
              just bought a robin cook cue , its only 54 inch but it seems ok for me , i paid 80 for it , its ash beautifully made and i have to say a lovely badge on the bottom,2 diff woods on bottom, now question is was it werth the 80 it was for me as i like it but was it over priced, next it is ok lenghth but wen i need to reach over it comes slightly hard to play do you think i should put mini butt on or get it extended ?but fotr all other shots its awesome
              how do you know wat generatin it is age etc, wats his badges like
              For GBP80, it is a steal for that price considering it a robin cook cue.
              If you find that it is a little short, you can email robin that you like to have your cue extended by having it repliced. It shld not cost much.
              It will definately make your game to a whole new level.

Cheers.

Comment

cool ty for advice , i will gert him to make bigger i think, it runs so smooth and it just feels right to the hand , but as said little short , does anyone know how long it will take to do it ?

Comment

2~3month,he really a CUEMAKER,not a BUSINESS MAN!
                  "要有非凡既生活就要有非凡既付出"
                  it means
                  "If u want to have a extraordinary life,u must have a extraordinary devote"

Comment

Why did you go for 54" anyway - I'm having a 56.5" cue made, just to see what it's like... I'm thinking that could be too small for me?!

Comment

£80 is a great price.
                      Should have been double that but shortness would effect resale I suppose.
                      I did say on hear once that Robin Cues seem to be held in high regard by those in the know but don't have great resale values for some reason.
                      I once was keeping an eye on one on flea bay (about 4 years ago) and didn't bid cause I thought the 57" might be a bit short me. I nearly fell over when it went for £85.

If it proves too short someone like Craftsman or Coutts who sell other cues (pos robin himself) might do you part ex and give you more than the 80 you paid towards a new cue.

Comment

thanks guys , thing ids its not new so it was 54-55 " wen i bought it second hand , never knew part exchamge was an option , cool .

Comment

post some pics of your cue
                          You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
                          BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

hope theses piccies come out lol ,but here is my cue

Comment

It looks like a good peice of ash. I wonder how old it is? I think you can have it lengthened two ways fairly easily. You can get four splices of somthing put on the end of the cue (as with Neil Robertson's cue) and if you choose lighter wood it might not affect weight/balance too much, but then I guess you'd lose the existing splice work.

Or I think you can get a couple of inches inserted into the butt between the secondary splices and the fingers of the butt. I don't think it would take too long.

2-3 months is the time it takes to get a whole cue made by Robin, but minor repair/alterations should happen much more quickly.
                              Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Working...
                              X