Modifying a Parris Cue??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifying a Parris Cue??

I own an original Parris 3/4 cue, plain black ebony butt around 15". I was toying with the idea of having a joint but in the butt for a minibutt or extension but am potentially worried about what effect it might have on the cue itself. It's such a classic cue I'd hate to spoil it by modifying it.

Has anyone had a joint put in the butt and noticed a big difference how the cue feels??

I always worry about making alterations because you can never go back.
    It depends on how sensitive you are to weight and balance.

An alternative would be to go to Parris and ask them to make you a new butt then you could have both if you wanted.

Comment

It will put about 1/2 oz of weight on the cue. If you want to know how different it would feel you could tape 4p (2x2p coins) to the bottom of the cue (not the grip) and try it.
      It will affect the weight and balance just slightly

Comment

Originally Posted by Watford View Post
        I always worry about making alterations because you can never go back.
        It depends on how sensitive you are to weight and balance.

An alternative would be to go to Parris and ask them to make you a new butt then you could have both if you wanted.
        thats the way i would go.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Does John need the shaft sent back in his shop to make the butt?
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
            Does John need the shaft sent back in his shop to make the butt?
            I am sure he needs the shaft to sand the new butt flushing to the shaft at the joint.
            I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

Originally Posted by ChatLag View Post
              I am sure he needs the shaft to sand the new butt flushing to the shaft at the joint.
              yes he will i had this done a few years ago only it was a extra shaft i had made. i had a parris superior in ash and i wanted a maple so instead of selling the cue which i realy liked i sent it back to parris and he made me a maple shaft he did a very nice job to both shafts fitted to the butt perfectly it wasnt cheap though £180 and that was back in 2004 but cheaper than buying a new cue and you have the added advantage of having a ash and maple cue in 1

Comment

Originally Posted by Rob G View Post
                I own an original Parris 3/4 cue, plain black ebony butt around 15". I was toying with the idea of having a joint but in the butt for a minibutt or extension but am potentially worried about what effect it might have on the cue itself. It's such a classic cue I'd hate to spoil it by modifying it.

Has anyone had a joint put in the butt and noticed a big difference how the cue feels??
                ya a tall guy rob, dint think u would need a mini butt?

but yeah it would make ya cue slightly a bit heavy. but dont think you would notice much.

Comment

With American pool cues, you can order a shaft without sending in the butt, with some cue makers.

I think the SD joint should not really affect the balance point to the degree which you can feel it. But mentally if you think it would, then you will probbaly get affected.
                  www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                  X