Machine Made vs Handmade cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine Made vs Handmade cues

I know handmade cues have a great feel and finish But is there any difference playability wise?
    My deep screw shot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

all depends on the cue tbh, there are some high end spec machine made, and some low end hand made - its what cue suits you best and play well with....

Comment

No. From an entirely mechanical engineer point. No. Especialy if it is a 3quart butt joint. The way handmade 1 pieces are spliced is diff from machine 1 piece. U might find differences here but would be marginal.

Comment

Originally Posted by sunny3909 View Post
        I know handmade cues have a great feel and finish But is there any difference playability wise?
        Handspliced and Machinespliced are different in the way they are made. Playability depends on the wood quality (matured woods, etc.), fit (your size) and feel (balance, likeability, psychology, etc.). Machinespliced if well done by an experienced maker, is better than Handspliced by a non-experienced one. If one is not sure, he should go for the good names, machine or handmade. Based from my experience
        It's in the Shaft

Comment

Machine spliced cues might not play as well in some cases because they are cheaper and therefore lower grade ash is chosen for them.

But the fact that it is machine spliced makes no difference to how the cue plays.
          Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

My machined cue is wonderful

Comment

If you use the same quality wood's there would be no differance.

The wooldridge and Omin Machine spliced cues I have sold in the past, are better quality than most hand splced cue's knocking around.

Comment

No difference, same as if its a one piece or has a join........ All about the quality of the build and the wood

Comment

Working...
                X