Doug Mountjoy Cue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug Mountjoy Cue!

I have a 2 piece maple/ebony butt cue. It had Doug Mountjoys sign on it although its worn off.

Theres a black band around the middle of the cue although theres no manufacturing names or emblems on it.

Just wondered if anyone else has one. A lot of people say how good a cue it is and I literally wont take a grand for it! Ive actually been looking for another for many years on ebay etc.

Never seen another on the internet. Theres no info, no pics, nothing!

Originally Posted by Kriss View Post
    I have a 2 piece maple/ebony butt cue. It had Doug Mountjoys sign on it although its worn off.

Theres a black band around the middle of the cue although theres no manufacturing names or emblems on it.

Just wondered if anyone else has one. A lot of people say how good a cue it is and I literally wont take a grand for it! Ive actually been looking for another for many years on ebay etc.

Never seen another on the internet. Theres no info, no pics, nothing!
    Kriss... post pictures?

Cheers.

=o)

Noel

Comment

Hey there...that's interesting. Many moons ago I had a beautiful Doug Mountjoy cue too, I was in my teens and used to play with it all the time. Anyway, time went on, other interests intervened and my interest in snooker lapsed a bit. Then about three years ago I caught the bug again and started to play regularly once more. Then I thought "must dig out my old Doug cue". Thought I'd put it away in the wardrobe, but it wasn't there! Then proceeded to search everywhere for it, but to no avail - it'd completely disappeared and I still don't know where it went! Mountjoy was always my favourite player so I thought I'll see if I can get another one. Tried ebay etc. but no luck. Then just on the off chance I posted a want it now "Doug Mountjoy cue" on ebay and lo and behold someone replied within 24 hours! I couldn't believe my luck, reckon it was a chance in a million....they put the cue onto ebay and I bought it for £90 I think. It's exactly the same as the old one I had, as you described, but the Doug signature is still pristine. It came in a Rileys case, but I'm not sure if this was the original manufacturer. It was pure luck to come across one like that! I can post some pics if anyone is interested.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing this, could you post some pics? I know it's not for sale but curious about specs etc. Did you do a search for this thread? It's nearly a year old.
        Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Sure....I'll post some pics over the weekend. Yep, I stumbled across this thread via a google search!

Comment

Cool, I have a soft spot for nice old maple cues
            Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Bah! I've taken some pictures of the cue, but I don't seem to be allowed to attach them here! Perhaps it's because I'm only a rookie member. Maybe I could email them to you?

Comment

Doug and many other players used to endorse BCE cues, but they certainly weren't very expensive.

Comment

Working...
                X