alex higgins cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alex higgins cue

i was talking to a mate of mind in the club last night a lad i have know for quite sometime and he told me this story his dad is quite well known round our parts he's the window cleaner so everyone knows him (billy) so when he was cleaning on the estate he got talking to his mate who was a bouncer and used to go with alex higgins to comps and exibitions looking after him and what not and mentioned is son as just started playing snooker (that was in the early 90s) so the bouncer (i will find is name out tonight) said hold on i have a cue your son can have and he gave him the cue which alex won the uk open with(in 83) which alex had gave to him. he's bringing it in the cuub tonight with photos and such so i can have a look. he's asked me to find out what its worth and i was just wondering if anyone on here as any idea of the value thats if its genuine.
    Last edited by ste bed; 5 September 2009, 01:13 PM.

if it a burwat - which it is! its worth more or less £200 depending on condition if you can prove it belonged to AH - you would need him to sign something to say it was - i would estimate about £500 maybe more if he won the world title with it.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
      i was talking to a mate of mind in the club last night a lad i have know for quite sometime and he told me this story his dad is quite well known round our parts he's the window cleaner so everyone knows him (billy) so when he was cleaning on the estate he got talking to his mate who was a bouncer and used to go with alex higgins to comps and exibitions looking after him and what not and mentioned is son as just started playing snooker (that was in the early 90s) so the bouncer (i will find is name out tonight) said hold on i have a cue your son can have and he gave him the cue which alex won the uk open with(in 83) which alex had gave to him. he's bringing it in the cuub tonight with photos and such so i can have a look. he's asked me to find out what its worth and i was just wondering if anyone on here as any idea of the value thats if its genuine.
      if its the same bouncer am thinking of he lives in same town as me, just cant think of his name.........is he a big guy with a beard and bald head? av seen him at jimmy white exhibitons too round my area

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
        if its the same bouncer am thinking of he lives in same town as me, just cant think of his name.........is he a big guy with a beard and bald head? av seen him at jimmy white exhibitons too round my area
        not unless you live on the mucklow's in ashton-in-makerfield wigan which means you live about 500m from me.

Comment

the - this cue belong to alex higgins story is an old one and is applied to half the burwats out there! i believe the one that matters is in northern ireland and he lost it in a card game!

Comment

i spoke with ken the lad who as the cue while watching england last night he said he as a signed card plus signed pictures plus other things of alex and the guy who gave his dad to prove it is alex's cue which he won the 83 coral uk championship with beating steve davis he's going to bring the lot in the club next thursday on match night so i will take some pics and post them up he's not after selling it he said not a chance in hell he's just after a accurate valuation of what it might be worth. plus he's a realy nice bloke and i cant see him making a story like that up just out of the blue

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
              i spoke with ken the lad who as the cue while watching england last night he said he as a signed card plus signed pictures plus other things of alex and the guy who gave his dad to prove it is alex's cue which he won the 83 coral uk championship with beating steve davis he's going to bring the lot in the club next thursday on match night so i will take some pics and post them up he's not after selling it he said not a chance in hell he's just after a accurate valuation of what it might be worth. plus he's a realy nice bloke and i cant see him making a story like that up just out of the blue
              That is a very long sentence.

Good luck with the sales.

BTW, didn't he play with a Mannock at one point?
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

he's as no interest in a sale just a valuation.

Comment

Gonna be hard to prove.

Comment

easy enough to prove - just ask alex - he will charge a large vodka i imagine!

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      easy enough to prove - just ask alex - he will charge a large vodka i imagine!
                      whisky i thought

Comment

not last time i met him.

Comment

was last time i met him!! (though it was a rather long time ago...)

Comment

So depending on how thirsty he is every cue you bring belonged to him
                            sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

I was shown a JP Mannock with a very beautiful tulip splices that was supposed to be Alex Higgins a while ago. Not sure if it was true.
                              Many pro have used Burwats, can they really remember if the cue was theirs if it was a long time ago I wonder?
                              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                              X