alex higgins cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
    I was shown a JP Mannock with a very beautiful tulip splices that was supposed to be Alex Higgins a while ago. Not sure if it was true.
    Many pro have used Burwats, can they really remember if the cue was theirs if it was a long time ago I wonder?
    Alex' playing cues were always marked with a notch for every win. *

=o)

Noel

* ... a little leprechaun riding a woozy elephant told me.

Comment

J147

Alex Higgins give me a cue about 10years ago i live in Belfast he had just brought in over here from manchester he told me he got it made 4him does any one no what it could be worth

Comment

Originally Posted by Butsy View Post
        Alex Higgins give me a cue about 10years ago i live in Belfast he had just brought in over here from manchester he told me he got it made 4him does any one no what it could be worth
        what cue is it?
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
          not last time i met him.
          Ja, he def. preferred vodka & coke.

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
            Ja, he def. preferred vodka & coke.
            Brandy and coke when I had a drink with him :snooker:

Comment

Just wondering what the outcome of this story was ? Why have there not been any pics of this cue in question ?Sounds to me like another cock and bull story...
              Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Alex Higgins

I met Higgins when I was 17 in glasgow I'm in my 30s ni when I was over playing for my country and got on realy well with him when he was in Belfast I'm met him again I'm my club were he came in very often I used to play him alot he lived in Lisburn at the time about 15 mile from Belfast and sometimes when we had a drink after the game he would come back to my home to stay so we got on realy well the cue he give me he played with it for a few years he used it when he played ken dockery at the waterfront in 97 I was at it another friend of mine give him a burwat champion cue I was there when he give him it and Alex loved it and he ask me did I want his cue he also give me the case which jimmy white give him black leather with jims name on it in gold writing I have never played with this cue I was just so chuffed that he give me it is anyway it a hand made cue with a joint at the but there's also a brass ring in the middle of the cue I think he also used it in his last tv appearance in the 1994 uk campionship I have seen it on you tube but not sure I just seen in news paper there was some alex Higgins memorabilia for sale and was just wondering would it be worth somthing lots all.

Comment

Originally Posted by warren132 View Post
                  Just wondering what the outcome of this story was ? Why have there not been any pics of this cue in question ?Sounds to me like another cock and bull story...
                  why on earth would i make a story up like this you utter knob i have seen the cue and the other stuff he gave him he as photos and all kinds of stuff.

Comment

Ibeg your pardon..but you said that you would post pics of the cue...for some reason this hasent happend !
                    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

yes i have a life away from this site just haven't had the time.

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                        yes i have a life away from this site just haven't had the time.
                        Lol.....you said you would do it on 6th sept 2009 plenty of time

Comment

In any event, a few pics would go a long way to enhancing the story - we all have our special memories of the hurricane - you may have been more privileged than most, pls post some......soon!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X