No announcement yet.

Cues for Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you still have any cues for sale. I am in Ottawa and am in need of a new cue. Please get back to me if you can.

Thanks.

Comment

dear terry,

the million dollar question: does the acuerate cue really have ultra low deflection vs. other cues?

cheers.

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      jonashford:

Watching Hendry in the 2008 World Championships he was using an Acuerate cue identical to mine in all respects except he has a maple shaft. The distinct Acuerate logo is even the same on his 2 extensions.

Hendry signed a promotional deal with Acuerate about 2 years ago and also his coach, Chris Henry, promotes Acuerate cues. They advertise a 'minimum-throw' shaft taper (they can't say 'no-throw' of course).

I purchased my Acuerate right off their website and ordered through a fellow named 'Wim' who is based in Belgium I believe. With cue, extensions, case (not the best), delivery and exchange rate it came to $934CAN delivered to my door, along with some Canadian Sales Tax (like VAT in Britain...can't escape the taxman).

I had thought initially Hendry used a Mannock from the time he was quite young but someone on here told me it was a Powerglide and that one British Airways baggage handlers snapped into 6 pieces. That was the cue he played with all throughout his prime and I played him when he was the Scottish Amateur Champ way back in '85 when he was 15 I think, as I remember talking to his Dad about whether he should turn pro or go to university first. (I, of course, said 'pro' as he can always go to university later if that doesn't work out)...little did I know although he was already a good player at 15.

Terry

Comment

Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post
        dear terry,

the million dollar question: does the acuerate cue really have ultra low deflection vs. other cues?

cheers.
        i remember ferret saying somewhere on the forum that he saw some cues tried out by hendry and the cue which had the minimum throw was a parris cue out of the acuerates and parris cues tried out.i think its all about the specs and taper which is responsible for the throw,anyways i would never shell out 400+ pounds on a chinese made cue.

p.s:acuerate cues are mass produced by L.P cues from china.
        RIP NOEL, A TRUE TSF LEGEND.

Comment

please send me the photo of the H&O, thx!

Comment

please send me the photo of the H&O, thx! my email annjoeho@hotmail.com

Comment

hi khizzy,

if you look at the new LKT's now, you might change your mind - they are great, in terms of the workmanship, splicing, wood quality etc.

i've tried LPs own line - not very responsive. and if you provide any chinese manufacturer with some form of technology and he hasn't duplicated it into his own products by the next day, you know something is wrong (hint: there is no technology to be copied?)

Originally Posted by khizzy View Post
              i remember ferret saying somewhere on the forum that he saw some cues tried out by hendry and the cue which had the minimum throw was a parris cue out of the acuerates and parris cues tried out.i think its all about the specs and taper which is responsible for the throw,anyways i would never shell out 400+ pounds on a chinese made cue.

p.s:acuerate cues are mass produced by L.P cues from china.

Comment

mic143:

I still have some cues for sale, including one Accurate. I also have an Aurora cue that I'm not using at this time but am thinking of switching to. I have one 'Dark Horse' also along with a couple of B&W 3/4-butt cues.

All of these cues are in the 18oz range, 57" long, between 9.5mm and 9.8mm brass ferrules and most come with cases and extensions. Prices range from about $200 for the Dark Horse (just a short extension with that one) to negotiable on the Accurate to $750 for the Aurora which is a 3/4 ebony butt with fancy leather case plus 2 extensions.

I don't get to Ottawa very much these days, but I will be in Montreal March 4 to 7 for the Alain Robidoux invitational, so if you can get to the 147 Club I can surely bring along whichever cues you want to see.

By the way, the Acuerate cue does seem to have less throw than (for instance) a Parris cue and I have no trouble potting long balls with it.

Terry
                Terry Davidson
                IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Thanks Terry for the response. I finally made up my mind and purchased a new cue from Mike Wooldridge instead. Good luck at the invitational.

Thanks again.

Comment

please forward all pics for all the cues to TheLumineriGroup@Googlemail.com.
                    cheers
                    Ellis

Comment

Working...
                    X