My current wiraka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My current wiraka

Hi guys, for 3 months i've been using a wiraka 3/4 cue that's gaven too me free, however am also planning yet to buy myself a new wiraka cue as higher success in long potting came true and difference was great as compared to house cues. :snooker:

It's moreover affordable for me at least! Can get quite a decent piece with mere $150 sin dollars.

Now, my question is what advises you guys have for me?

Thanks!
    Will those snookies im playing with ever stop calling me a 'ONE-pointer for a day!

i will suggest you save a little bit more n get urself a more decent cue.
    wiraka cue is mass produce in China, the workmanship n everything is not consistant on each n evey cue.

My best bet for the price range, you can get urself a 2nd hand thai cue. If you are interested in getting a 2nd hand cue ard S$200. Do pm or email me @ tanjweeloy@yahoo.com
    Last edited by willytan; 19 March 2011, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Hi willytan, i appreciate your advise thanks! The reason im getting another cue is because i wanted a brand new ones. I won't be looking for a 2nd hand cue cause im having one right now, hope you understand. What about 1st hand cues, any recommendations? Must be $150 and below, thanks!
      Will those snookies im playing with ever stop calling me a 'ONE-pointer for a day!

Comment

Originally Posted by wannabenumb View Post
        Hi willytan, i appreciate your advise thanks! The reason im getting another cue is because i wanted a brand new ones. I won't be looking for a 2nd hand cue cause im having one right now, hope you understand. What about 1st hand cues, any recommendations? Must be $150 and below, thanks!
        wiilytan has given you good advice. a good second hand cue beats a crap new one all day long...
        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Hey wannabenumb,

For S$150 & a brand new cue, it might be a bit difficult but not impossible. It will most likely be a machine made cue instead of handmade if you know what i mean. If you are really interested in getting a decent cue with that amount. Maybe we can work something out.
          Last edited by willytan; 19 March 2011, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
            wiilytan has given you good advice. a good second hand cue beats a crap new one all day long...
            but all i want is a brand new cue. Im doing fine with machine made cue da...

Comment

Originally Posted by willytan View Post
              Hey wannabenumb,

For S$150 & a brand new cue, it might be a bit difficult but not impossible. It will most likely be a machine made cue instead of handmade if you know what i mean. If you are really interested in getting a decent cue with that amount, you can call or sms me at 97373095. Maybe we can work something out.

Why must we use handmade cues? So sorry, i really don't get it.

Comment

i never said that. my point is only that a god second hand cue will be better than a poor first hand one.
                The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

you need to read up a bit on here - you have been given very good advice.
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                    i never said that. my point is only that a god second hand cue will be better than a poor first hand one.
                    Ok, i do know that wasn't what you meant and i apologise for not phrasing properly. Now, will my success in potting be improved if i use handmade cue over machine made? I really don't wish to waste more money let's say a $300++ cue for example, when i can actually get a pretty enough cue for mere $100. In my own point of view, i don't wanna pay double the price just because the outlook of both cues are different. Thanks!

Comment

In general, handmade cues have better playing characteristics than machine made cues, due to the way they are spliced. Ofocs, you can get a good machine made cue but the chances of finding one is like finding a needle in a pail of nails. You will lost more money or get injured by nails in the example I quoted.

My best advice was to save money & get a good custom cue(Master or Omin), around S$300+. If not get a 2nd hand handmade cue at a cheaper price.

Snookered <=== go through the same process.

Comment

Originally Posted by Snookered View Post
                        In general, handmade cues have better playing characteristics than machine made cues, due to the way they are spliced. Ofocs, you can get a good machine made cue but the chances of finding one is like finding a needle in a pail of nails. You will lost more money or get injured by nails in the example I quoted.

My best advice was to save money & get a good custom cue(Master or Omin), around S$300+. If not get a 2nd hand handmade cue at a cheaper price.

Snookered <=== go through the same process.
                        Hi snookered, thanks for your advise. Can you elaborate what 'better playing characteristics' is?

Comment

Hi snookered, thanks for your advise. Can you elaborate what 'better playing characteristics' is?
                          a cue must react the same way on every type of shot in order for you to learn how to play with it - a well made hand made cue will nearly always be like this whereas one turned in a few seconds on a machine will not. - i could explain in detail but my hands are bad so you will just have to trust me when i say there is a very good reason why good handmade cues cost a lot more!
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                            a cue must react the same way on every type of shot in order for you to learn how to play with it - a well made hand made cue will nearly always be like this whereas one turned in a few seconds on a machine will not. - i could explain in detail but my hands are bad so you will just have to trust me when i say there is a very good reason why good handmade cues cost a lot more!
                            I agree with ADR147, in short handmade cues are being ensured more delicacy by human beings to bring the utmost.
                            However, not saying machine made cues are lousy, there are pros who can achieve 147 using machine made cue.
                            At the end of the day, its your cueing and choice of shots, gameplay that affect the whole game. A personal cue is to ensure "every shots consistency"

As i can see, even mike is here to help, u can refer to his website for some good pointers http://www.handmadecues.com/

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post

Thanks Adr147 for enlighting me on this. You've gaven me the type of answer which i've been expecting and it actually clear my doubt.

One more question for you ya.......Whether or not to buy a branded cue, izit true that i'll be on the save side as long as cue im getting is a handmade ones?

Comment

Working...
                              X