My current wiraka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by wannabenumb View Post
    Thanks Adr147 for enlighting me on this. You've gaven me the type of answer which i've been expecting and it actually clear my doubt.

One more question for you ya.......Whether or not to buy a branded cue, izit true that i'll be on the save side as long as cue im getting is a handmade ones?
    no a bad handmade cue is still no use - you need to read up on makers and cues a bit, there are lots of good makers out there. and prices vary a lot.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by laxer View Post
      I agree with ADR147, in short handmade cues are being ensured more delicacy by human beings to bring the utmost.
      However, not saying machine made cues are lousy, there are pros who can achieve 147 using machine made cue.
      At the end of the day, its your cueing and choice of shots, gameplay that affect the whole game. A personal cue is to ensure "every shots consistency"

As i can see, even mike is here to help, u can refer to his website for some good pointers http://www.handmadecues.com/
      Thanks laxer, you've cleared my doubt on this and i appreciate that!
      Oh ya.... you mentioned 'mike', who is he actually?
      Last edited by wannabenumb; 28 September 2009, 03:06 PM.
      Will those snookies im playing with ever stop calling me a 'ONE-pointer for a day!

Comment

Can someone explain a bit more what is meant by a cue consistency? A cue can be consistently bad or good, but how can it be incosistent on every shot?

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
          no a bad handmade cue is still no use - you need to read up on makers and cues a bit, there are lots of good makers out there. and prices vary a lot.

I don't think i'll be searching and reading them as cues mentioned are usually out of my budget.
          Will those snookies im playing with ever stop calling me a 'ONE-pointer for a day!

Comment

Originally Posted by mchpddl1 View Post
            Can someone explain a bit more what is meant by a cue consistency? A cue can be consistently bad or good, but how can it be incosistent on every shot?
            Oh yes, someone please sheard a light on what cue consistency is? mchpddl1, what you've just pointed out is something worth poundering over! :snooker:

Comment

The mike i am refering is mikewoolridge, google it and u will find out more, he is one of the cue makers.

Remember this important point.
              A cue that is suitable for john higgins might not be suitable for you, and thus vice versa.
              Hence in summary, if u are really a serious player, choosing a cue largely depends on the feel for the cue and not the price of the cue.
              The true value of the cue is determined by the player that brings out the potential of the cue.

But of cost, some cues are expensive due to the design (number of spices),
              some are due to the quality (wood selection)

Talking about cue consistency, if u choose a cue that has a shaft that is wobble a lot after play a shots, that is when u will encounter cue inconsistency, whereby most of the shots u played will feel that u can't really control the cue ball well enough.

Sorry for bad english thou, pardon me just 2 cents of mine =)

Comment

I don't think i'll be searching and reading them as cues mentioned are usually out of my budget.
                you would be suprised - what is your budget?

Comment

Some machine made cues are quite good. If it was me I'd just make sure it has an oil finish, not lacquer.

Craftsman and Omin might have quality machine made cues in your price range. I've heard the craftsman victor cues aren't bad, and start at around 70quid I think. The best machine made cue of course is probably Mike Wooldridge's shark model, but somewhat more expensive.
                  Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

you would be suprised - what is your budget?

Anyway i dunno how to order or buy things online. Can't really see those cues properly by those photos and can't feel the cue also. My budget is $100-$150 Sin dollars.

Comment

Originally Posted by laxer View Post
                      The mike i am refering is mikewoolridge, google it and u will find out more, he is one of the cue makers.

Remember this important point.
                      A cue that is suitable for john higgins might not be suitable for you, and thus vice versa.
                      Hence in summary, if u are really a serious player, choosing a cue largely depends on the feel for the cue and not the price of the cue.
                      The true value of the cue is determined by the player that brings out the potential of the cue.

But of cost, some cues are expensive due to the design (number of spices),
                      some are due to the quality (wood selection)

Talking about cue consistency, if u choose a cue that has a shaft that is wobble a lot after play a shots, that is when u will encounter cue inconsistency, whereby most of the shots u played will feel that u can't really control the cue ball well enough.

Sorry for bad english thou, pardon me just 2 cents of mine =)
                      Im not a serious player cause i can't be one. I lost concentration easily and mood swings about every now and then. What about choosing a cheap machine made cue that it's shaft doesn't wobble? Problem solved right?

Comment

Anyway i dunno how to order or buy things online. Can't really see those cues properly by those photos and can't feel the cue also. My budget is $100-$150 Sin dollars.
                        at this budget £50-£65 you will need to look second hand - try a second hand mastercue or o'min if you can find one.

Comment

at this budget £50-£65 you will need to look second hand - try a second hand mastercue or o'min if you can find one.
                          One of my customers jus bought a machine made master cue made in thailand, he got it for $150 from a local club. Whats your say on this?
                          Me personally don't feel right buying from clubs as they'll mark-up its price to gain profits from it. Someone just told me that getting a second hand staff is risky because let say if a particular staff is good, why will anyone wanna sell it away?!?
                          My own thought on this issue is similar to how majority of men will do when choosing future wife for himself. Cheers!
                          Last edited by wannabenumb; 4 October 2009, 02:02 PM.

Comment

my own view is save up the extra money! 250-300 sing dollars is nothing for something that will last a lifetime.

Comment

my own view is save up the extra money! 250-300 sing dollars is nothing for something that will last a lifetime.

I don't believe there's anything that i'll use for a lifetime, probally yes but chances are very rare. Till date, out there people who owns a personal cue that i've ever came in contact with, none them are really satisfied with their cue. Except for this one guy whom's using a cue brand name -john paris

Recently, i felt real satisfied with that one cue which i've tested. When im feathering that cue, I felted it's weight distributing through out it's butt and through my bridge, think players refer it as a well balanced cue. It's from my friend who owns a john paris cue as mentioned above whom's selling on behalf of his friend. Even though i love the feel of each and every stroke, it wasn't a deal and never will because he quoted something near to a thousand dollars. The brand of that cue is something like Hunt and O'bird. :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by wannabenumb
                                The brand of that cue is something like Hunt and O'bird. :snooker:
                                What Hunt and O'bird?

Comment

Working...
                                X