Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idea for a training cue (is it possible)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for a training cue (is it possible)

Hi Folks,

I am certainly no cue maker or have any engineering background (except computer engineering and that doesn't count! )

ok an idea for a training cue

1. Must be adjustable in length by whatever means is most practical
    2. Must give some method of telling the user if they are cueing straight
    3. Must give some indication of speed of swing and be able to be set at a particular speed, both forward and backward.
    4. Must give some indication of angle of attack and again be able to be set and give an indication of error.
    5. Must be weight adjustable from 16oz to say 19.5oz.
    6. Must be able to alter the centre of balance +/- 5cm from the absolute balancing point

also ideally the top half of the cue should be interchagable with a top half containing differing size tips (say 10mm, 9.5mm, 9mm and 8,5mm).

I wouldn't change the butt as this is where the mechanics will be and so will prove too expensive to change that.

Can the above be provided for less than say £750-£1000 GBP?

Feel free to take the idea and work with it, I waive all rights to the idea, just to see / use something along the lines I describe would be my reward!.
    All smelling pistakes (c) my keyboard, I can spell but it can't type

in a few weeks the gravity cue will be available,doesn't do all what you want but for a start..:snooker:

Comment

well you got there another fan who is waiting for this cue but my White should be nuf...

Comment

can it also be added in that the cue lines up and takes the shot for me while i just hold it

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
          can it also be added in that the cue lines up and takes the shot for me while i just hold it
          or while i sit and have a drink?

Comment

that weight adjusting is already available on 9 ball cues I think...
            You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
            BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

Originally Posted by vucko117 View Post
              that weight adjusting is already available on 9 ball cues I think...
              There are several ways. One i have seen is done by a series of washer like weights that you can add or remove as needed.
              sigpic <---New Website
              Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

I have seen cues that do some of the requirements but not all.... an all in 1 would be nice...

Taking the shot for you... hmmm that would then defeat the object would it not

Comment

or alternatively, is it possible to design a human being that could adapt to any table and any cue he or she was given?

got to be a question for the girls I think ... I very much doubt a male human being could be so adaptable

Comment

ohhhh sexism eh!.... mind you I guess her indoors would agree with you

Comment

Originally Posted by bkpaul View Post
                      ohhhh sexism eh!.... mind you I guess her indoors would agree with you
                      unfortunately bk, there is no "her indoors" ... I doubt you'll be surprised to learn I live alone ...

but I'm open to offers so if Darrus, Monique, April Madness or Ja or any other lovely young lady who visits this fine forum were prepared to make me an offer of marriage ...

Comment

I actually meant my her indoors to be honest, she always says she can do things better and quicker then me.... I have to agree with her, she's unbelieveably quick to spend money... I'll never match her there!

Comment

Bluemoon did an adjustable cue.
                          Yanks do removable weights - That could sort balance too.
                          If you could just have one of these to try before buying a cue it would be cool.
                          Need to be able to change tip size too

Laser site could be added.

Not sure about rest.

Comment

Originally Posted by bkpaul View Post
                            I have seen cues that do some of the requirements but not all.... an all in 1 would be nice...

Taking the shot for you... hmmm that would then defeat the object would it not
                            or maybe something like this;http://cswww.essex.ac.uk/cig/2007/papers/2073.pdf

Comment

Errmm No C-J but interesting article (I want a cue not to chop off my arm and buy a mechanical one ), especially fig 3.... that robot can't even use the correct ball as a cue ball

I am sure a training cue as I have described can't be that Sci Fi?

The other question of cause is would the coaches buy them, which is obviously what anyone developing such a cue would want to know before they embark on such a project.

The main electronics in the cue would be some sort of motion sensor (perhaps a fluid based sensor) but as said I have no expert knowledge in this field so I am only guessing.

Another interesting point of such a training aid would be, would it remove individualism? and if so is this a good or a bad thing to a greater or lesser degree.

A rather heady question and one I find difficult to answer with even relative certainty.

Comment

Working...
                              X