Help - Talisman Soft Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Talisman Soft Tips

I am planning to get some Talisman Tips, one option is to get a pack of 25 tips.

I have heard of that Talisman Soft Tips can last for a long time. If each tip lasts half a year, it will last more than 10 years to finish 25 tips. Just wondering can the tips be stored for 10 - 20 years under normal circumstances without any problems.

I might have some for sale.
    Email me tanjweeloy@yahoo.com

Cheers

Comment

Have you tried these tips yet ? If you haven't, I wouldn't recommend you buy 25 in one go.

Comment

I bought 4 Talisman soft from 'poolqjunkie' about 2 months ago and have one on my cue. All I can say is with at least 4 hours daily play over 2 months I can't see any changes in the shape of the tip but with any other type of tip I definitely get that 'flattening out' in the area I most frequently hit. (I hold my cue the same way all the time).

However, even though you may get a better price based on volume I would say buying 25 at a time is a bit of over-kill as they should last you 10 years or so and with the humidity over a couple of years I think they might deteriorate and since they are layered the glue holding them together may give up the ghost.

Try buying 5 or 10 at the most and see how that goes, or else get 4 from poolqjunkie and see how they work out

Terry
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

When i had one on i was told when it was put on that it would last a lot longer than a normal tip. This wasn't the case however and after playing a shot the top half of it just fell off onto the table, rendering the tip useless after 6 weeks. Whilst playing with mine i noticed that the chalk wasn't sticking properly and i was miscuing quite a lot whereas with a normal elk i was perhaps miscuing 1/200 shots i was miscuing 1/40 with this one.

Since then Ive had a normal elk back on and can honestly say i am relieved. Maybe I just had a bad one on, who knows. But for something that is supposed to outlast a normal tip by quite a way to breakup after 6 weeks is pretty bad. A normal elk can last me 6 months at a time with no problems, why fix what isn't broken?
          I love the game of snooker :) (even though my mates think that its just a load of balls :D )

Comment

I've had Talisman soft for 2 months now, it had almost immediately the right feel. And the feel hasn't changed a bit, it also hold its shape really well.

I bought 3 tips from foul4.com and their price was quite reasonable. Also I understood that ADR147 here on the snooker forum sells Talismans too. I'd go for a little smaller amount, especially if you haven't used them before. And you should make sure (considering the amount) that the seller is reliable because I've heard that there are fake 'Talisman' tips on the market too.

Comment

If you want genuine Talisman buy them from ADR147 on here.

He sells in single's if you wish

Comment

Chrystal,

Since your from Australia you could get some off Dallas at Elite Snooker. You might save on postage..

Cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by Chrystal View Post
                  I am planning to get some Talisman Tips, one option is to get a pack of 25 tips.

I have heard of that Talisman Soft Tips can last for a long time. If each tip lasts half a year, it will last more than 10 years to finish 25 tips. Just wondering can the tips be stored for 10 - 20 years under normal circumstances without any problems.
                  Buy from Willytan. He has fresh stock at good retail price. And some secrets to tell too
                  Last edited by unclevit; 1 October 2009, 11:12 AM.
                  It's in the Shaft

Comment

Working...
                  X