Riley . BCS WAC Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riley . BCS WAC Cue

Riley is the world's best known brand in Snooker and retailers throughout the UK are comfortable with the status, brand heritage and high profile they have. Riley are owned by BCE and together they are the biggest suppliers of cue sports products in the UK to professionals and the home.

The Riley product offering covers the full gamut of cue sports - the tables range for instance isn't just about the top of the market, it includes affordable pool tables and home-play tables of all sizes. Innovation is the key to their success, as they proved at the recent Nistex Exhibition where they debuted their new four-colour packaging for games tables designed to improve in-store impact of the products and facilitate easy transport to the home.

Where cues are concerned, BCE/ Riley believe that players are becoming more and more sophisticated and require added features. Stuart Lacey, Managing Director of BCE/ Riley, says: "The days when cue sports players chose their cues by the butt design are coming to an end. In the future, they will look for added benefits that can enhance their game - and we are launching several innovative new systems over the coming months"

Take, for example, the WAC system, which stands for Weight Adjustable Cue. All WAC cues have three weights in the butt section, that can be added or removed until the cue is at the desired weight of the player. Simple enough, but the system has been carefully designed to ensure that the centre of gravity of the cue is brought forward to the same point where professional players balance their cues: better balance makes for a better cueing action and a better standard of play.

BCE/ Riley will also be introducing the ASI butt system, which has been designed to absorb the shock when cue meets ball. Using golf grip technology, Riley have designed a cue that will cushion the impact of the shot every time and allow players to develop a more consistent cueing action. Another simple idea that is amazingly effective in practice.

Now my question is "Has anybody actually seen the WAC Cue or the ASI butt system for sale?" There is a advertisment for the WAC Cue in this months Snooker Scene but no web link and no info on the riley or BCE websites. The systems do sound interesting and from what I have managed to find on the internet they have put a great deal of cash into both systems but as of yet not actual retailers are stocking them.

Do they come with geniune snakewood paint like usual? I've never seen an advert or heard of either of these products. Be interesting to see what they come out with when they actually try...

Edit: Google doesn't think they exist either...
    Last edited by RGCirencester; 4 October 2009, 01:05 AM.
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

See attached image of the Snooker Scene advert.
      Attached Files

Comment

Wow thats..... umm....... enough said lol!

It's nice to see innovation but I can't help but think this will go the way of aluminium cues.

What I really don't get is look at the grain on the demonstration model, it's all over the place. Why can't they choose one nice cue for the photo?????
        Last edited by RGCirencester; 4 October 2009, 01:45 AM.
        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

What gets me is why advertise a product if you have nobody selling it!

Comment

Sounds like a typical BCE/Riley cue to me, aimed at what I like the call the budget or Argos market. They make up daft ideas for the low end club player who buys into this jargon believing that they are going to become the next Hendry. All their cues are poor quality, I've not seen one that can compare to anything the likes of Parris, White etc can produce without going down the route of so called technical innovation to improve the player.

Comment

sounds like a load of old horlicks to me!!!!

Comment

An adjustable weight cue has been available in the States for years and the make is considered a down-market item designed for beginners who don't really know what they should order.

Also, I'll bet the shock absorbing system will turn out to be simply a soft and flexible plastic ring around the 3/4-joint. I've seen those on some pool cues too

Now...is this innovation or just copying?

Terry
                Terry Davidson
                IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Riley cues usually are pretty useless

Comment

WAC Cues

I got a WAC cue at JJB months ago - I just liked the look of the thing. The weight being forward does make it feel nicer when cueing - not cheap though

Comment

Originally Posted by aebaker View Post
                      I got a WAC cue at JJB months ago - I just liked the look of the thing. The weight being forward does make it feel nicer when cueing - not cheap though
                      How much did you pay for it ? And is is still a painted cue ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Dan27 View Post
                        How much did you pay for it ? And is is still a painted cue ?
                        It was £39.99 and it came in a box. The butt is matt black, I don't know the finish - I guess it's painted??

Comment

Originally Posted by aebaker View Post
                          It was £39.99 and it came in a box.
                          lol. and that's not cheap?!?
                          The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

I wanted to reply to a few of these posts.

Snakewood paint must be really expensive!!!
                            I mate of mine had a Riley cue that had adjustable weight about 15 years ago. Looked like an American cue but with a brass ferrule and normal size tip.
                            It was truly the worst cue I've ever held.

Not cheap though:
                            £39.99
                            I nearly p!ssed myself laughing and I'm still at work so got a few looks.

Comment

£39.99 isn't cheap for a piece of scrap timber.

Comment

Working...
                              X