Parris 1 Piece Maple (Special)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parris 1 Piece Maple (Special)

Hi, I was looking for advice to determine the value of my cue.Its a 1 peice John Parris in maple which I had made to measure in 1998(11 years old)

Here is the advert on the Parris cues website for the same cue:

SPECIAL
    The Ash or Maple shafts on these hand spliced cues are turned to an oversized straight taper, left to settle, then planed by hand to their finished size. Made to your own design and specifications.
    Price From £340.00

After looking through these forums id have thought the older the cue the more value it has.

Here are some pictures below:

Its the old adage really, its only worth what people are willing to pay for it.
    The problem with JP and many other cue makers is that they don't date their cues so we only have the sellers word for its age. As so many people have tried it on with places like Ebay, people are less than willing to believe anything anyone says these days, not saying that you aren't telling the truth but its just that many have been conned in the past.

As for the cue, I'd say you will get around £280-£350 for it going by recent prices, the special is the least desirable Parris MTM cue so naturally won't have the biggest appeal. Would also depend on your Ebay rating, private you can expect a little less, ADR might offer you a deal.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, dont worry though it wont be going on Ebay as im not selling it.I assure you it is genuine and I have the letter and receipt he sent with the cue.I remember it well because I had to wait a long time because he was having trouble getting the maple straight with my specifications.

Comment

my advice would be to keep it till april/may then sell it parris cues fetch much more then. right now you would get 240 ish on ebay but advertise it in your local club at 300 - cash is always better!
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I am not planning on selling it and as stated in my post above I have the original documentation from when I bought it.

Is the price of one of these likely to rise the older it gets, what kind of price would you be looking at in say ten years?

Comment

if i knew stuff like that i would be very rich! - but yes i would say it will go up in value as the older ones were better made.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
              my advice would be to keep it till april/may then sell it parris cues fetch much more then. right now you would get 240 ish on ebay but advertise it in your local club at 300 - cash is always better!
              The wonders of all that free advertising on the BBC.

Comment

Can anyone one tell me the type of maple my cue is from the pictures.I have noticed alot of other maple cues I see are a much darker wood?

Comment

This piece of maple from the picture seems to have quite a few brown grain lines. I personally like maple without such obvious grains, but that is just my opinion.
                  www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Would this be birds eye maple?

Comment

Originally Posted by CueBallKick View Post
                      Would this be birds eye maple?
                      No, it is definitely not.

It is my understanding that top grade maple does not feature the kind of "lines" you see in the picture. Whether it is very white or dark is not that important, although some like their maple snow white. I like the grains to be tight and not so "visible."

But if it is dense and plays well, and you love it, then it is all that really matters. Everyone likes thing differently. I am just saying what i personally prefer.
                      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Thanks for the reply PoolJunkie.I understand we all have different ideas about taste and quality.But all I wanted to find out was what type of maple my cue is.

Comment

Originally Posted by CueBallKick View Post
                          Thanks for the reply PoolJunkie.I understand we all have different ideas about taste and quality.But all I wanted to find out was what type of maple my cue is.
                          Straight grain maple, rock maple...etc
                          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                          X