Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pool cue 4 snooker?

hi guys

After playing pool tonight we decided to have a knock about on the snooker table. Having not brought my snooker cue i played with my pool cue, its a MW shark with a 8.5mm tip and ended up playing the best i have for a long time and got a 48 break. I was just wondering if this could damage the shaft with it being smaller than the normal 9.5/10mm tips. cheers guys.

My Dad plays with a 8mm tip and has never had a problem.
    His cue is a 1970's Riley Burwat which was taken down before I can remember and I'm 30 so over 20 years.
    Did have a mate who snapped the ferrule off a 7mm but that went again after a repair when playing pool so I wouldn't hold much by that stick.
    I think Ronnie's old Burwat the one he did the 5min 147 with was less than 9mm.

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't do it, but it depends on the cue, the taper and how YOU feel ...

I play 8ball pool with an 8mm tip and I'd never use it for snooker, I'd use a 9.5mm tip with a nice solid shaft and a taper that keeps strength and solidity in the shot.

If the taper of you Shark isn't too thin, and the shaft is nice and solid, why not? As long as you feel at ease with it.
      Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

as long as its a solid cue you shouldn,t have a problem .

the only thing is getting unwanted side on shots especially longer ones
        http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

You shouldn't have a problem at all with it. I'm the same, play mostly pool and use a Peradon pool cue with a 7.5 mm tip which I now use for snooker aswell. (most of the ones they advertise as 8-8.5 mm are actually about 7.7mm had loads of them) and can't seem to get used to a standard size snooker cue anymore. Bit tricky sometimes putting unwanted side on, but the wood itself should easy be strong enough
          I've had a MW shark pool cue aswell and would have kept it except it was 18oz and don't like heavier than 17 - 17.5oz
          Last edited by Mr O; 7 October 2009, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X