Robin Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robin Cook

I am about to order from robin and can not make my mind up if i should go for a Ebony butt or Rosewood butt is one wood more expensive than the other, they both look good on his website, im just wondering if anyone got one kind and afterwards wished they had got the other

Originally Posted by nightman26 View Post
    I am about to order from robin and can not make my mind up if i should go for a Ebony butt or Rosewood butt is one wood more expensive than the other, they both look good on his website, im just wondering if anyone got one kind and afterwards wished they had got the other
    Both nice i would also consider Cocobola........that looks really nice when done as a whole butt & a nice contrast against ebony if done as single or multiple splices.......

Comment

Rosewood usually cheaper.
      Personal pref really.
      I like a change from the plain black. You'll get more variation on rosewood. I've got macasser ebony butt myself.I don't think Robin does that anymore I looked at his site the other week and didn't see any. My cue isn't a Robin.

Comment

i have a cue on order with robin which is going to be a cocobolo butt which i am really looking forward to seeing i prefer something other than ebony

Comment

Thanks for the replys i have sent Robin an email with the specs, i have decided to go with an ash shaft with rosewood butt and a facing splice of kingwood with a thick mapel veneer
          20 weeks wait though

Comment

i was quoted 18 weeks like 2 weeks back, i think hes getting busy

Comment

He is busy for my order now.I have 12pcs order and arrival in Nov.
              "要有非凡既生活就要有非凡既付出"
              it means
              "If u want to have a extraordinary life,u must have a extraordinary devote"

Comment

well im in no hurry for mine as i still have to save up the money so he can take as long as is needed

Comment

Originally Posted by brother4 View Post
                  He is busy for my order now.I have 12pcs order and arrival in Nov.

that is a lot of cues
                  You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
                  BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

Originally Posted by vucko117 View Post

that is a lot of cues
                    greedy if you ask me

Comment

Well I have one and I have ordered another one... But to buy 12 cues that is just insane
                      You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
                      BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

by 12 pcs he might mean ONE cue with 12 splices to be added, they can be called 12pcs...

to make it clear: THIS is would be a 16pcs cue, because there are 4 times 4 splices added (with veneers, in the picture)

Last edited by Krypton; 14 October 2009, 07:58 AM.

Comment

ohhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

[QUOTE=Krypton;425891]by 12 pcs he might mean ONE cue with 12 splices to be added, they can be called 12pcs...

to make it clear: THIS is would be a 16pcs cue, because there are 4 times 4 splices added (with veneers, in the picture)

Nice cue, Krypton, but unfortunately you're not right; Brother4 has ordered 12 different cues from Robin, not one cue with 12 splices.

I was speaking to Robin recently, which is why I know ...
                            Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

well i hope robin can do my cue for the timeframe he quoted not that im too bothered, its worth the wait

Comment

Working...
                              X