Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• playing pool with snooker cue?

Hi
    I've seen a couple players shooting pool with their snooker cues.So I was just wondering: is it bad for a cue?
    I'm a pool player myself but I'd like to start playing snooker to improve potting.Do I have to get a snooker cue for that?
    Thanks

I believe it is more important to use a snooker cue for snooker than it is to use a snooker cue for pool. I sometimes use a snooker cue for pool because I feel comfortable with one and it still generates enough power when I need it. The tip on a pool cue is too big for snooker balls in my opinion and it doesn't feel right. When it doesn't feel right, I play terrible. There have been many times I went out to play snooker and the darn place didn't have any snooker cues so I was forced to use a pool cue and let's just say it didn't go well together.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I use my snooker cue for uk 8-ball pool.. Not reccomended at all for breaks.

Comment

Should be fine for UK 8 ball pool. I wouldn't recommend using a snooker cue for American pool.

Comment

why not???

Comment

Personally I dont see a problem at all.
            Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
            Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

what if it's Trevor White's or Mike Wooldridge's cue?

Comment

Originally Posted by sneaky_russian View Post
                what if it's Trevor White's or Mike Wooldridge's cue?

Then it will cost you more if you break it

At the end of the day I don't think playing pool will have a serious effect on your cue unless you play with a particularly small tip like 8mm or something.

I would just use a rack cue to break off, then my own cue the rest of the time.
                sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Yeah!
                  I was thinking maybe 10mm tip?

Comment

Just don't use your snooker cue to break for American pool to be on the safer side. You can always use the house cue to break then switch back.

Comment

or just don't play pool at all and stick to the better game
                      New Zealands biggest snooker fan

Comment

Good one!!!!!!! =)))))))))))

Comment

I used to play American pool with my old 10mm tip and it was ok never did it any harm but I think a bigger tip is better.
                          I wouldn't with my current playing cue at all though, which I mostly use for UK pool.

Comment

Originally Posted by sneaky_russian View Post
                            Hi
                            I've seen a couple players shooting pool with their snooker cues.So I was just wondering: is it bad for a cue?
                            I'm a pool player myself but I'd like to start playing snooker to improve potting.Do I have to get a snooker cue for that?
                            Thanks
                            If it's American pool you're playing mate, don't use your snooker cue. Most clubs don't allow it anyway but it can damage the ferrule quite easily. I suggest if you want to play American pool using a Predator Z shaft. I started playing snooker now I play 9-ball worldwide and that's what I use, as the ferrule is much smaller than other pool cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cueboy88 View Post
                              If it's American pool you're playing mate, don't use your snooker cue. Most clubs don't allow it anyway but it can damage the ferrule quite easily. I suggest if you want to play American pool using a Predator Z shaft. I started playing snooker now I play 9-ball worldwide and that's what I use, as the ferrule is much smaller than other pool cues.
                              I've never been to a club that doesn't allow it? And how exactly will it damage your cue quite easily?

I played pool with a naff 10mm tip cheap argos cue for 2 years and its still as straight (and rubbish) as the day i got it.
                              sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Working...
                              X