Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, Trevor, I believe I have been very patient.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But surely if he was a good customer and paid good money you would atleast answer his calls ,or failing that drop him an email.....only takes 30 secs, I would if I was making him a cue .....let him know how it was going on, its called customer service.

Comment

Originally Posted by bonoman1970 View Post
      But surely if he was a good customer and paid good money you would atleast answer his calls ,or failing that drop him an email.....only takes 30 secs, I would if I was making him a cue .....let him know how it was going on, its called customer service.

yes you would, but would you want to be pestered every day or two about it and then have someone airing what has been said when contact is made on a public forum in what should be a private discussion between business and customer?

especially when hehas given him his private numbers to call on and then posted these on a public forum too!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by noel View Post
        I appreciate you must be making so many negative comments out of perptualboredom...
        but how about cutting the man some slack pal?!
        It's his business not yours.

=o|

Noel
        Thanks for your opinion Noel, I respect that.. A forum is a place to exchange opinions, so please respect mine too.

Yes I have commented on this subject before, but so has everyone who's immediately jumped on the poor fella for daring to enquire where his cue is... nearly 3 weeks after he was told to expect it shortly. When you're paying this kind of money.. (hardly insignificant is it) this is not what I or for that matter many others would expect in terms of service. I'm sorry if you don't agree with this, but as I say it's my opinion and I'm perfectly entitled to give it.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Old cue collector --
        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
          that may be terue but after five mins of him not getting in touch with him, rather than be patient and try again later on or just drop an email with reciept request so can check if its been recieved even!!! he immediately jumps on here and starts yet another thread about it

tbvh if i was trevor white, i would be bloody ignoring him by now and just getting the cue done to best i could and get it to him asap and out of my hair!!!!
          Could you at least read my post completely and understand it correctly before you start making any comments on it? Where did you get the idea that i start this second thread looking for Trevor after only 5 mins of not getting in touch with him. In your world, does over 3 weeks equal to 5 mins?

Thank for suggesting ignoring a customer like me when you don't know me and not even finish reading my thread before making any pathetic comments.

I have no doubt Trevor is a good cue maker, but this is not the point here.

Comment

I think everyone knows Trevor has stopped taking orders and he obviously recognised that he needed to focus on clearing all the backlog out, just to make things right again. Why couldn't we give him some space so he could achieve this?

I also have 2 cues on order with Trevor and still waiting. But I reckon its better than I can get a good custom made cue at a relatively reasonable price (in nowadays terms), which is made personally by one of the best cue makers in the world; rather than pushing for things to happen as quickly as possible. That would only force him into the option to raise price and do less or go the John Paris way, so he could deliver quicker. I do not think we want to get a cue with Trevor's batch on but not made by Trevor, but rather by other people he employ (like the John Paris set up).

I guess Trevor make cues because he enjoys it, and also allow him to make a living out of it. By the way, that this job does not - IMO, make lots of money for a full time work. So keep posting on a public forum like this not only make it hard for the man, but also might affect how he enjoy doing his cue making job! That I certainly would not like to have happened as we might lose another good cue maker.

Comment

all good things take time

I wanted a cue made by mr White but he quoted me a waiting time of six months with no guarantee of that delivery time. I would suggest one waits if one wants a cue from him as I do believe he has the best finishes I have seen on a cue and like someone mentioned earlier he does the work himself and that is the most important thing. His cues rarely sell for less than what one pays for them so its an investment as well as an object to treasure.

Comment

Originally Posted by Boy Wonder View Post
                but just because its Trevor everybody jumps to defend him...
                I'm not defending anyone all i said was don't post phone numbers its wrong which many agreed.
                By all means post here as we all know he visits this site too but leave his privacy alone by not posting numbers

Kev

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                  Just send him an email and I am sure when he gets around to it, he will answer you. When your cue is ready, it will be shipped.

Trevor is a one man shop, and he is very busy because he is simply the best.

I can feel for your pain but please do not keep posting this agin and again on the forum. It will not speed up anything, and is only giving Trevor a hard time.

I am not saying I do not think that you are entitled to an answer to your email, and I do agree that if there is a delay he needs to let you know.

However...

This is the second time you have posted this. You have made your point the last time. You seem to think this is the best way you can get an answer out of Trevor. Is this going to drag on even after you have received an answer from Trevor like what happened last time, and then another similiar post if you do not receive an email reply from him again?

This should be resolved privately. Send a PM to ADR147 and ask him to help you.

You are not respecting his privacy at all while trying to do so. Not to mention that it is really unnecessary for you to damage his reputation this way.

The day when Trevor decides to leave the forum and never post again will be a sad day for all of us is all I am saying.
                  That's all well and good but Trevor provides a service for a living. He sells top quality items and charges top prices for them.

I don't believe that one man working alone is ever likely to make a fortune from cue making but he obviously takes enormous pride in his work.

As such he should take similar pride in his customer service and communication. The problem is, human nature being what it is a negative opinion will always engender more interest than a positive one.

If you look back at all the "thanks trevor" threads they run to a few posts. These ones go on and on.

If Trevor was to set a side one morning per week to answer correspondence this problem would most likely be solved.

That said, in my opinion, he currently makes the best cues in the world.

Comment

I have ordered two cues from Trevor in early April this year and this was what Trevor wrote to me on 30/09/2009

Hi George,

I hope you are well.

The ash 3/4 cue is complete and the maple cue is about to be finished within the next two weeks. The maple cue has been re-done, as the first one I began suffered a bit of an accident and was damaged slightly.

I'll get some pictures of them to you as soon as I have them ready, so you can see them for yourself.

Be in touch within about ten days or so.

Regards,

Trevor..

Up till this moment, I haven't received any update from Trevor since the above email. I share this email because

a) I would like persons on this planet who are waiting for Trevor's reply know that they are not lonely and are treated unfairly by Trevor;
                    b) when you have a feeling that Trevor cannot keep his promise to deliver your cue on time, he may be feeling unwell or busy doing a re-done work for one of his customer delegently and voluntarily;

IMO, Trevor has the worst customer service I've ever come across (if we compare him with business like Mcdonald) but his service to customer is excellent. So far, every mail from him is informative and his advice is always sound. The only problem is that the mail doesn't pop up often.

If possible, I really wish that in the future, Trevor

a) would not take order from a person unless he has read through articules about Trev's way of doing thing in this forum
                    b) Hires a secretary and charges extra for person who want to have customer service (i.e. instant email, telephone call or X'mas card )
                    c) continues to focus in his work and concentrate in making excellent cue to player likes me.
                    Last edited by GeorgeNg; 21 October 2009, 02:16 AM.
                    Snooker will rise once again

Comment

Originally Posted by cutflislo
                      Ya it will be great if they both get active on this forum...
                      and share their exp. with gaming...

Comment

it looks like spam to me the tattoo removal cream link is wot hes pushing

Comment

I see this thread has attracted lots of interest, and justifiably so.

I will openly admit that I am not always quick to respond to mails, or quick to pick up the phone, and also, can be very difficult to reach due to this. I will also openly admit that sometimes this is circumstance, and sometimes through choice, depending on what is going on with me at a particular time.

In this instance, it's pretty clear to all reading what has happened. The cue would have been with the OP long back, but for the issue 'I personally' felt was halting me from sending this cue out. This was explained to him and was accepted in good faith. So, another cue was built for the order. The issue of this thread has come about as I had promised to send him an image of the cue, in fact, both cues, to let hime see it was ok before it goes out. This is where I messed it up, as I forgot to do that. Perhaps a reminder mail would have been better, but I can understand his frustration at my forgetfulness. Anyway, it's sorted with us now and that's an end to this one.

As for my record in dealing with people, I am all to aware that there are a number fo people I have, or maybe still am, building cues for, who have waited too long for those to be completed, but by the same token, there are many that have had them on time or even early that we do not hear from.

The problem for me is that I do all of my work, and that means everything. I am not looking for sympathy here, but just saying that it does get overwhelming. I am not like numerous other makers here in the UK, who make 'some' cues, but also sell cues they've not had to spend the time building from scratch, but rather badge, finish, sell.....easy.
                          Even some of these makers are not alone in their working practices, which lightens the load further. Perhaps I should take the advice I have been given by many and dramatically up the prices, so as to push away those who are only considering buying, while keeping those who definitley will buy, no matter what the cost. The problem with that is, I do not feel comfortable charging what that might take to achieve, so here we are.

It's very easy to suggest that I should get a secretary also, when in reality the questions many ask are so knowledge specific that even if I had one, she/he woud just be bugging me every bit as much as any e-mails or phone calls would do in asking what this or that means that the enquiries are asking about, so it solves little really. Another point to bare in mind is that even when I reply to a questions or enquiry, there will always be a response to my response, perhaps even more lengthy and detailed than the last. This happens regularly, and I not only have those people I have been in touch with asking more questions, but new enquiries also, so it can build and build into a mass of questions and demands, such as......can you take a picture of the top 20" of the shafts of those 10 shafts you feel are the best you have, etc etc etc. It can get ridiculous at times, but I do what I can to accommodate people.

The forum here provides (openly) only a fraction of the business I do, but, I am sure that there are many I have done work for who do not post views, or even get seen as regular members. However, I am sure that there will be some of you who read this, that know that I am not all about taking the cash and forgetting about doing what I should for you. To be truthful about it, there will be some amongst those reading who owe me for jobs done and completed that I've not chased them for, simply because I have forgotten or overlooked it. What does that say about me if not that I am busy with my mind on many other things.

Anyway, this is my only reply to this, as in all honesty it isn't worth the time going on about it. Those of you who know me well need no convincing of what I am about, and those who are unsure do not have to come to me to build their cues, there are other options.

To all who are waiting on me to complete work, I apologise for any lengthy delay you have had and will get things sorted as soon as is possible for me.
                          Last edited by trevs1; 20 October 2009, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
                            ....However, I am sure that there will be some of you who read this, that know that I am not all about taking the cash and forgetting about doing what I should for you....
                            I never normally comment on these threads, but I will throw my two pence in now. The reason for this is that I feel Trev's sentence I have quoted above applies to me amongst others.

I ordered a cue February time I think. I waited four or five months for it to be built.

When it arrived I wasn't happy with it for a couple of reasons. I emailed Trev and sent it back to him within a day. He kindly offered to fix the problem or build me a completely different cue.

I offered to pay more money, but Trev refused. We never reached a conclusion to the matter, but I didn't hear from Trev for months.

Then a couple of weeks ago I received an email from Trev saying he had completed a new cue for me.

I was obviously over the moon to receive this information out of the blue.

What I am trying to say in a long winded way is that we all know Trev does not frequently reply to his emails, or answer his phone, but he is not the kind of guy that will just forget you, or take your money. In nine and a half months I have only sent Trev one or two emails, and he has built me one cue, then replaced it for free.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
                              To be truthful about it, there will be some amongst those reading who owe me for jobs done and completed that I've not chased them for, simply because I have forgotten or overlooked it. What does that say about me if not that I am busy with my mind on many other things.
                              I was once one of these people.
                              Trevor did some work to my cue for me and I was chasing him to confirm what I owed him, after I had the cue back.

I've dealt with Trevor several times over years after recommending him to friends, having weight added to my cue and fixing dents etc. I have had to wait a little longer for a reply sometimes more recently but it's not a bad price to pay for the service you get in the end.

I do understand that waiting for a cue is a pain but it's the fact Trevor does it all himself to a standard that we use him.

I once had a refurb done by another "top cue maker" nearer to home so I could take and collect the cue in person but the job was nothing like the standard of Trevor's work. I sent the cue to Trevor afterwards and I wished I sent it straight to Trev and saved myself some heartache.

Comment

I have had 3 cues made for me by Trevor and every 1 of them has been better than I expected.

In my experience I have always had a response to any emails I have sent to Trevor and have been lucky enough to have any phone calls I have made to him answered.

I must admit that some responses to the emails have been a little while after I had mailed him but I got a response every time.

I personally would have no problem putting an order in with Trevor, paying him up front and not hearing anything back until the cue was finished, purely because I know there is no way im going to get ripped and I will get what I ordered.

This said I can understand somebody being a bit worried if they are dealing with Trevor for the first time.

Maybe it may be worth making it clear up front to potential customers that due to the fact Trevor is a 1 man band that emails may take a while to be answered (needless emails may be ignored) and phone calls will not always be able to be answered.

I do not feel that stating the above would be rude in any way and if the customer does not like this then they can always go somewhere else.

I make these comments not to 'jump to Trevors defence' as my brother stated in earlier post as I have no bias at all, I wouldnt know Trevor if I fell over him.
                                I have posted what I have as I am a satisfied customer of his.
                                Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

Working...
                                X