Mike Wooldridge Shark !!! Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Wooldridge Shark !!! Review

Ive opted for the pool model and as allways Mike is very happy to help with request's, i wanted a cue about 18oz and 18oz i got.

I would have to say this really is a great cue has the same feel in quality as his £400 etc cue's, i do have one.

The chevrons were as near to what he could get in that weight and i am very happy with that too.

THE NEW JOINT IS AMAZING!!
    I mean really it is seamless it really look's like a one piece cue from afar and the feel is great!!!!
    Ive tried some of the old wood to wood cues and i would say this cue feel's better built and more solid (my opinion) basically as near to a one piece as it gets !!

I would have to give it 10 out of 10 overall and i think it would beat any cue from cue craft etc...for the same price !!!!

Any chance of a photo? Approximate cost? I had a look at Mike's site and didn't see anything to suit the lower end budget. Did I miss something?

Comment

Yes the Shark range is in butterflysplicing and only £160!!!
      pics will follow.

Comment

My only reservation at all on Mikes sharks is the price of the mini butt. When you are spending 400+ on a cue 40 pounds for the mini isn't much, but when the cue costs 160, 40 is a lot extra.
        With the long extensions you can always buy the push on ones so they arn't so much of a problem.
        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
          My only reservation at all on Mikes sharks is the price of the mini butt. When you are spending 400+ on a cue 40 pounds for the mini isn't much, but when the cue costs 160, 40 is a lot extra.
          whats your problem? you've got your bitch to make you multi mini butts. pervert...
          The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
            whats your problem? you've got your bitch to make you multi mini butts. pervert...
            How about making a mini butt out of some cheaper wood... and selling it with the shark for 180... Surely that would work... All the top cues would still be sold with the expensive mini...

Oh and my multi mini butts will be awesome

Comment

How about making a mini butt out of some cheaper wood
              pau rosa?

All the top cues would still be sold with the expensive mini...
              i like to make them so they feel nice.

it's not the wood cost. it's time. time is money. i could easily get them made and sell for £15. little things....

Oh and my multi mini butts will be awesome
              will be? i thought they were done? what else needs doing??
              The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

i like to make them so they feel nice.

it's not the wood cost. it's time. time is money. i could easily get them made and sell for £15. little things....
                I do think the ones you have are worth 40. Its just its a lot of money to spend compared to the price of the cues. But then the cues are a bargain to start with

will be? i thought they were done? what else needs doing??
                Still needs a joint but they will be mine soon enough... Good things come to those who wait

Comment

Good things come to those who wait
                  tell that to those on death row...
                  The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Pictures

The bedsheet is not for sale!! lol
                    [/IMG]

[URL=http://s508.photobucket.com/albums/s325/SolidAir_album/?action=view&current=IMG_0258.jpg][IMG]http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s325/SolidAir_album/th_IMG_0258.jpg[/IM

First time putting pics on so if they dont turn out well you should still be able to go to photobucket
                    Last edited by burwatchampion; 27 October 2009, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the pictures. I had a look at Mike's site yesterday. At £160 the cue is a bargain for such a well made cue. For my particular spec the price rises quite sharply after adding all the things I want. If I was using the site correctly another £30 was added each time you added something which was "non standard" like different length, different weight, etc. I wasn't exactly sure what the standard was so just fiddled about and ended up with a quite expensive cue. I think I'll just e-mail Mike direct with my spec and get him to give me a quote. I take it you don't see the need for any fancy decorative splicing? There's loads of folks on this site are after a thing of beauty rather than something to play snooker with. I understand their point of view and I may go down that route one day when funds permit but at the moment I want a good quality cue at a reasonable price.

Comment

Like i said you cant go wrong for the price if the spec of the shark model is what you want.
                        You will allways pay more for non standard sizes.

As for splices i love splices but this cue has been bought for playing, as it is a standard size at a good price i could easily buy a replacement if it were stolen or damaged.

Comment

Argh thread timing.. ordered a shark on the 1st but still patiently waiting, not being helped by people's happiness levels here. How long did yours take Burwat?

@ pricing, the accessories are a little pricey when put together (rightly so for quality) so opted for the telescopic extension only as clubhouse extenders seem to scratch the butt of my current cue, it's taken a fair bit of damage over the years from that. Minibutts can always be a nice xmas present from someone
                          Can't wait! can't rush art though!
                          Last edited by JayDee; 28 October 2009, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Was about two week's i think he had some in stock of the pool model he might have had to make yours.
                            I do know he is really busy right now.

Comment

Originally Posted by JayDee View Post
                              Argh thread timing.. ordered a shark on the 1st but still patiently waiting, not being helped by people's happiness levels here.
                              lol. i'm finishing it today....
                              The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Working...
                              X