No announcement yet.

Mike Wooldridge Shark !!! Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you dont want to buy the mini because it is too much for you, why dont you buy the cue from Mike, and try to get one mini from Welsh pool trading?

Time is money and everyone has a different rate for their time, can't really complain about that. I think Mike is being very nice in offering one of his cues at such a low price to begin with--not a lot of cue makers would do that.
    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
      If you dont want to buy the mini because it is too much for you, why dont you buy the cue from Mike, and try to get one mini from Welsh pool trading?

Time is money and everyone has a different rate for their time, can't really complain about that. I think Mike is being very nice in offering one of his cues at such a low price to begin with--not a lot of cue makers would do that.

Because the minis not much good without Mike super joint
      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
        Because the minis not much good without Mike super joint
        Mike's mini uses airlock, yes?

If so, so does Welsh Pool Trading, isn't it?
        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Mike uses the new airtwist joint again thats why i said the cue felt more like a one piece.
          The joints are not compatable so unless Bitter or someone else has them you will have to get mini butts etc.. from Mike :-)

http://www.handmadecues.com/cues/21-airtwist.htm

Comment

Mike's mini uses airlock, yes?
            no. you have not been paying attention pq!

i've been using my new join for some time now:

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=16719

Originally Posted by burwatchampion View Post
            so unless Bitter or someone else has them you will have to get mini butts etc.. from Mike :-)
            my airtwist join is wholly exclusive to me and unavailable anywhere else.

although i may consider allowing others to fit them under license....
            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Previously you can buy copy MW extensions for half the original price in Hong Kong. Now that you have changed your jointing system it will be some time before they can reproduce it.

Comment

Greg Norman is the 'Great White Shark' !

any white sharks mike? I had a look at your online shop and it would only come up with the black shark . Very intersted in buying one if you have any, and if so how much more are they?

Comment

I emailed Mike begging him to make me a white shark but he didn't budge, says he's too busy making black sharks..

Comment

Originally Posted by lawrywild View Post
                    I emailed Mike begging him to make me a white shark but he didn't budge, says he's too busy making black sharks..
                    maby he's to busy making black sharks because no one can order white sharks

Comment

Ahhh too many people buying them, bad timing for me but I hope he doesn't dissolve the shark series alltogether in the future if they become too popular and subtracting time away from his custom cues? If thats what happened with the other coloured ones I mean. Or will they make a return do you think? They make a great recommendation

Comment

It's a little bit like buying the worst house in the most expensive street. Your house may still be better than the best house in the worst street but, your neighbours may look down on you.

Why would mike keep pushing out shark cues if they are taking up most of his time? He's making money sure... but he could also be making the same money making custom cues, and have more time left over for beer and forums.

Comment

Originally Posted by TheRowdyOne View Post
                          It's a little bit like buying the worst house in the most expensive street. Your house may still be better than the best house in the worst street but, your neighbours may look down on you.

Why would mike keep pushing out shark cues if they are taking up most of his time? He's making money sure... but he could also be making the same money making custom cues, and have more time left over for beer and forums.
                          May be if he increases the price then you would not feel that it is the worst house anymore?

Kevin Deroo charges about $1000 for a plain butterfly spliced cue, which is almost 4 times the price of Mike's butterfly, and it does not even have any pattern on the ebony as you can see in the shark...Do you think your "neighbour" will have more respect for you if you buy a Deroo?
                          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

I don't know about Rockhampton but in Brisbane playing with a blackshark is far from having the "worst house on the best street".
                            Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

May be if he increases the price then you would not feel that it is the worst house anymore?

Kevin Deroo charges about $1000 for a plain butterfly spliced cue, which is almost 4 times the price of Mike's butterfly, and it does not even have any pattern on the ebony as you can see in the shark...Do you think your "neighbour" will have more respect for you if you buy a Deroo?
                              He would be selling it at the same price as all the others already if he thought it was worth it, the other's cost more because all of the personal time and effort that he puts into them. Sure he could put his cost up but then do you think that might de-value the effort he puts into the custom ones?

Paying 4 times as much for a Kevin Deroo would be the differnce of having your neighbours whisper behind your back and your whole street whisper behind your back

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
                              I don't know about Rockhampton but in Brisbane playing with a blackshark is far from having the "worst house on the best street".
                              Playing with a blackshark in AUSTRALIA is far from having "the worst house", especially the difficulty in obtaining quality cues. But if you and a mate walked into q-masters for the first time, you with your blackshark and your mate with a custom cue that cost him twice as much im pretty sure i know who's cue would get talked about more yeah?

Comment

Paying 4 times as much for a Kevin Deroo would be the differnce of having your neighbours whisper behind your back and your whole street whisper behind your back
                                The whole street might be whispering that you got ripped off cos you could have gotten a better or same quality cue for 1/4 the price...
                                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                                X