1 piece or 3/4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 piece or 3/4?

Thinking of buying a Mastercraft Furious Snooker cue. This is a link to it - http://www.baizeltd.com/index.php/Ma...uct-flyer.html - but I'm unsure on whether to buy it in One piece or 3/4, could anybody help, personal experience would be appreciated.
    Must of been a kick

Originally Posted by CeeJay147 View Post
    Thinking of buying a Mastercraft Furious Snooker cue. This is a link to it - http://www.baizeltd.com/index.php/Ma...uct-flyer.html - but I'm unsure on whether to buy it in One piece or 3/4, could anybody help, personal experience would be appreciated.
    If the cue is made by a 'good' maker, I don't see any difference between 1pc or 3/4pc cue. 3/4pc cue is more convenient to go places, by the sub or by a car. BTW, 3/4pc cue can do weight adjustment easier if needed
    It's in the Shaft

Comment

It's personal pref.
      One piece better feel if that is important to you. One piece are coming back inn a big way. Lots of pros using now (mentioned in recent thread.) Pain in ass to carry about though.
      If ease of carry is important then 2 piece is best obviously. I find the joint can be a stubble catcher as I've discussed before on here.

3/4 cues are not very easy to carry about. With an SD in a one or two piece you can use a range of extensions so the 3/4 main advantage has now gone. It still is jointed but may have better feel than 2 piece. Cues being wood there will always see variation even in identical cues.

3/4 best of both or worst of both?
      Back to personal pref.
      Craftsman 3/4 joint backwards to most makers so mini butts fit the shaft. Good if you play in pool leagues and can end up in tight venues.

I've got a one piece they are great and you look like more of a player when you walk in.

I recommend 1 piece with a warning.
      Think about how much you carry it on foot, how easy it will fit in your car (I slide mine between passenger seat and gear stick) will you take it on public transport (If you do probably best not.)

Comment

yeah one piece cues are great only snag is transport, shame am so used to my one piece trev cue that cant change to another, i do get odd looks when i get on the bus though.

problem is in hand, taking some driving lessons lol

Comment

If its a Mastercraft I'd get a one piece. Great cues for the price, probably the best in the price range , but their joints are not as good as Trevor's or Wooldridge's etc.
          As for carrying around, they can be a burden, but a lot easier with those padded tube cases like this one.-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Leatherette-1-...item53d964a0a4

they're light and they don't bash up your car interior

Comment

Personal preference. Transport being an issue as discussed in this topic already.
            My personal preference is the 3/4 cue, don't know why but I feel happier using one of them rather than a 2 jointed or 1 piece but I don't know why. Storing it could be an issue as well, I have just about enough space to store my cue and case, a 1 piece and case would simply be impractical for me as well. All considerations that need to be made when decided on the type of cue you get.

Last point however, if you buy a 1 piece and it is inconvienent to store/transport or you don't feel comfortable with it you can convert it to a 2 piece or 3/4 joint cue afterwards. You can't convert to a 1 piece without altering lenght and weight (correct me if I am wrong)

Chris

Comment

Thanks everyone for your responses. Much appreciated. I think I'm going to stick to 3/4 though for transport purposes.
              Must of been a kick

Comment

personally i prefer a 3/4 cue just for convenience andi f one part of it gets knackered somehow you can get it repaired easier than a one peice which would i think be harder...

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr O View Post
                  ...but their joints are not as good as Trevor's or Wooldridge's etc.
                  They do use different types of joints. Ceejay if ordering from Mastercraft ask Dave nicely to put an airlock in it for you

Dan
                  sigpic <---New Website
                  Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

I might just have to try that. Thanks
                    Must of been a kick

Comment

Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post
                      They do use different types of joints. Ceejay if ordering from Mastercraft ask Dave nicely to put an airlock in it for you

Dan
                      I ordered a mastercraft cue a couple of weeks ago and funnily enough, I did just what you said. Glad I did now, Dave was very helpful and agreed to do it straight away

Comment

Glad to hear that! I just wondered what joints they use for their cues - I'm about to order a Conquest from them and I hoped it can get an airlock.. now only if I could get it soon, real soon now..

Comment

Click some of the pictures on the custom cues gallery and you can see mastercraft joints. Im sure if you ask they could put an airlock in instead.
                          http://www.mastercraft-cues.co.uk/10....php?p=4&pno=0
                          sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Yeh, like RGCirencester said, just ask Dave nicely and I'm sure he'll do it for you too.

Comment

Working...
                            X