where are cues made????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where are cues made????

There are obviously a vast choice these days of UK based cuemakers to choose from, from the more established names such as Parris, White and Wooldridge through to the new kids on the block so to speak like the forums own Dan Shelton. All making cues to suit all manner of budgets from the likes of Craftsman cues "classic series" to the well known "ultimate" cues from Parris and "black plate" from Robert Osborne, with such a wide price range and manufacturers still claiming to use "top quality materials" do all these cues get manufactured/built in the uk or do some of the companies use cheaper far eastern outlets to make their cues and then have them badged up accordingly
    Its not how well you play its how good you look playing that counts!

any reputable cue maker will tell you the origin of the cue and any materials if you ask at point of order or purchase...

any that are cagey about it and refuse to tell you i wouldnt do business with.

Comment

=o|

Noel

Comment

Craftsman classic is i believe made in thai and finished in leeds.
        Craftsman own are totally made in leeds.
        If you ask the cuemaker they will tell you where the cue is made and i don't hold much sway in all the rumours about cuemakers badging foreign cues as tiger own
        I am yet to see any proof of this from anyone
        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

So are you saying you don't believe that any "reputable" uk based cuemakers get any of their cues fully made for them by far eastern cuemakers to cut down on material and labour costs to ensure maximum mark up on their cues? And also that they would be willing to openly disclose this to any potential customer that may care about where their cue had been orginally made?
          Its not how well you play its how good you look playing that counts!

Comment

I have not yet seen a Chinese made cue with my own eyes that is on par with a Uk made cue made by the cue makers you mentioned.
            As to the rumors, I do not know...
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by archalf1471 View Post
              So are you saying you don't believe that any "reputable" uk based cuemakers get any of their cues fully made for them by far eastern cuemakers to cut down on material and labour costs to ensure maximum mark up on their cues? And also that they would be willing to openly disclose this to any potential customer that may care about where their cue had been orginally made?
              Every single person that has made a claim that cues are being imported and sold by the top makers as UK made cues has had no evidence to back it up. There is no reason you cannot import cues, do some work on them and then put "customized by X" on the badge.
              I certainly do not think Mike Wooldridge and Trevor White for instance would import cues and sell them as made by their own hands.
              If I am proved wrong I accept that, but there is no reason you cannot sell imported cues for a decent cost to start with. Just look at Stu at greenbaize. He makes no secret that his cues are made in Thailand, they are very good cues, and they have built up a reputation.
              sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Poolqjunkie

I especially like the burl wood splices w/ maple veneers. Beautiful butt. May I ask what you charge for this cue?

Wayne G
                The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                X